Yeah dude, not really the right forum.

But as a side note - you can get a crazy psychedelic sound playing with one string. You can bend, like 3 whole steps. Crazy.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
From what I've heard, you should never remove every string at once.
Quote by JoHNNERz
Yeah dude, not really the right forum.

But as a side note - you can get a crazy psychedelic sound playing with one string. You can bend, like 3 whole steps. Crazy.

thanks for taking the time to reply even for not answering my question
Pfft. so do you think they string necks at luthiers before they're put onto guitars? do you think they maneouver the pickup and frets UNDERNEATH the strings to install them

think of it that way, and it makes much more sense

i've had my bass stringless for a week and its come out perfectly fine

edit: vvv it's not brain surgery getting a piece of metal back onto 2 posts
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Feb 8, 2007,
If It has a tune-o-matic bridge, I wouldn't recommend it cos it just completely falls apart

Seriously though, don't do it unless you fancy bringing your guitar to the shop to get reconfigured.
its for a guitar im gonna buy on ebay. its dusty and has no strings which suggests long term no stringness
it should sweet you'll just have set it up like adjust the truss rod
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
If you leave the strings off for a few days, I'd say nothing bad will happen. But if the guitar was left stringless for a much longer time, chances are the neck is bent backwards more or less.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I once removed my low E string to play in open G Keith Richards style for a couple of days and it bent the neck. Afterwards there was an extremely annoying buzzing sound. I brought it to the store to get a set-up and it got fixed.
I am not sure about if you leave them, I have heard though, if you aren't going to use a guitar for a while, to loosen them.
Quote by S2S

Only a fool would do that.
Quote by S2S

How the hell would you remove all the strings at once?

The best I can do is one at a time.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
it will bend the neck back because its used to being pulled forward. so it will affect the action ect. the notes will sound like they are buzzing, but thats only if you leave them off for a month or two.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Dimebag22
it will bend the neck back because its used to being pulled forward. so it will affect the action ect. the notes will sound like they are buzzing, but thats only if you leave them off for a month or two.

but is this repairable without taking the neck off etc.
keith richards only has 5 strings on his.

If you mess with the truss rod to compesate for less tension, there's no problem.
Quote by kmf1
but is this repairable without taking the neck off etc.

eventually the strings might be on there long enough to repair it but im not sure
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
i wouldn't recommend messing with the truss rod unless you know what you are doing...

it will usually end up bad. take it to a tech... but even still the neck shouldn't be too bad because the strings don't pull that much tension so it will only bend back a tad.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
wow i didnt know that...i have had mine off the guitar i am working on for quite a while...i have had them off for atleast 2 months...let me check and see if it hurt anything...and while we are talking about bending necks if you lean a guitar against a wall does it bend it?

mine is still fine
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
Quote by Dimebag22
eventually the strings might be on there long enough to repair it but im not sure

i dont understand what you are saying?
Quote by Rebel1991
wow i didnt know that...i have had mine off the guitar i am working on for quite a while...i have had them off for atleast 2 months...let me check and see if it hurt anything...and while we are talking about bending necks if you lean a guitar against a wall does it bend it?

mine is still fine

ahh please update when you put your strings back on. i guess it depends on the weight of the body and the neck and head whether leaning has any affect but i doubt it.
Quote by the spiker
Only a fool would do that.

May I ask how you are supposed to change pick-ups?
the only damage it could do is to put the neck out of whack, requiring minor truss rod adjustments. since this guitar is off ebay, it will probably need setup anyways, and that will be taken care of. it doesn't cause any permanent irreversable damage to the neck to remove all the strings. i've done it many times for repairs and after adjusting the truss rod and intonation, it is perfectly fine.
Quote by kmf1
ahh please update when you put your strings back on. i guess it depends on the weight of the body and the neck and head whether leaning has any affect but i doubt it.

so if my guitar weighs 2 tons its gonna have an effect on the action? ...

besides, you're like 'OMGZ IT LEANS BACK' well duh, the tension of the strings when you restring it will bring it back

did nobody take physics?!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.