Just wondering what are the advantages to doing an MBA. Is anyone on the UG board an MBA holder or planning on doing it? I am a Software engineer and like to always be working on new technology. I'm thinking, doing an MBA will put me in the non-engineering type jobs and will not be very interesting. Dont know. What's your take on it? Is it worth the money?

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield
welcome to UG... MBA means nothing here.

on the other hand,

what does a software engineer do exactly? I'm a high school junior and i know i want to do something with computer. but that doesnt narrow anything down. I was thinking maybe some kind of engineering, or some sort of programming. So wat is it that a software engineer does?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
LOL. Just gave it a shot!

Software engineers do everything on computers that hardware engineers dont. Basically we write all the Java, C++, C and a million other (programming) code that creates & runs applications on computers. For example, the very operating system that you are using windows is all written by software engineers that run on a PC built (designed) by hardware engineers.

Engineering is good but you need to keep yourself up-to-date or else you are screwed by the new graduate who will know all the latest and "new" ways of doing things that you will not have thought of. But in Marketing, finance and other MBA fields, the techniques and "science" do not change much. A guy with 10 years marketing experience will know much more (practical knowledge) than a new marketing graduate. but in engineering its the other way around. Like I said you keep yourself up-to-date. but engineering is very interesting and lots of fun if you like it.

ok, I will look elsewhere for my answers.

thanks

Grrr:
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 Cab
'06 Jackson SLSMG
Dean Hardtail Select
ISP Decimator
Planet waves tuner
Weber Mini Mass
Ibanez Delay & Chorus

time is like a fuse; short and burning fast -- James Hetfield