Page 1 of 2
it seems a lot of people here like this game. anyone here who does NOT like this game? ive never played myself, but im willing to get into it. so discuss all things chrono trigger, and describe, if you will, the plot and such please.
Frooooooooooooooog nooooooo
Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack
Crate GFX-65
Peavy Bandit 112
Screaming Demon Wah
It's pretty awesome, like Final Fantasy, but more accessible to non-RPG obsessive gamers.
I only played Chrono Cross for playstation...
Great Game, with a far better storyline than its Final Fantasy Counterpart at the time... which was Final Fantasy VIII...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
amazing game.

my favourite Playstation rpg was The Legond of Dragoon though. that game kicked some serious ass *goes off to kill Melbu Frama*
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Chrono Trigger is a good game, I play it on occassion on my computer. You should check it out.
chrono trigger = best game ever.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Quote by Striketalonx
I only played Chrono Cross for playstation...
Great Game, with a far better storyline than its Final Fantasy Counterpart at the time... which was Final Fantasy VIII...

Awsome game. Beat it once te regular way, and then beat it with the fast foward thing forget what it was called
Quote by Doodleface
amazing game.

my favourite Playstation rpg was The Legond of Dragoon though. that game kicked some serious ass *goes off to kill Melbu Frama*

Dude, i have that game. Never got past the second disc tho lol
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Dude, i have that game. Never got past the second disc tho lol

it took me like 4 times to get past disc one, then got to disc 3 and got bored
still an awsome game <3 squarsoft
dude i am Marle's number 1 fan. I love Marle and Flea!!! FLEA & MARLE FOREVER!!!! Power is beautiful and i have the power I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!
Quote by MightyAl
Incest, the game the whole family can play. Now for ages 3+
Masamune was a beast
Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack
Crate GFX-65
Peavy Bandit 112
Screaming Demon Wah
Killer game, me and my friends used to play it cuz the characters looked like the dudes from dragonball z

Come to think of it, wasn't it the same artist?
Dickless.
I was just listening to Opeth - Patterns In The Ivy, and it reminded me of this game... The soundtrack for it is amazing.

I've never beaten it though, without cheats. I can get to Lavos Core, then I die (in one hit )

I love the Dark Ages...

Damn, who remembers when you had to save Lucca's mom from getting her legs caught in that thing? That was SCARY.
Best game I've ever played. The plot is too complex to describe here. Basically you time travel to save the world.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Killer game, me and my friends used to play it cuz the characters looked like the dudes from dragonball z

Come to think of it, wasn't it the same artist?

Akira Toriyama, aye.

Edit:
Son of a bitch. Ebay and Amazon don't have any copies I was hoping to pick this up again because I've got a half-term break this week.

Fucking dagnabbit. Anyone know where I can find a copy?
Last edited by Retro Rocker at Oct 20, 2007,
I wrote a paragraph about Chrono Cross and how I was never able to get into that game and then realized that we were talking about Chrono Trigger. I haven't beaten it, but it is most definitely a very fun (and good) game.

However, currently I want to see my friend on Monday because he's returning my Final Fantasy VII which I am dying to play again. In the mean time I'm almost done Fire Emblem on the GBA (for the second or third time) and I have a small urge to go upstairs and play Final Fantasy Tactics.

I might as well give you guys a list of what games I want to beat right now that I have not yet beat:
-Final Fantasy IV
-Final Fantasy V
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy XII (my friend)
-Chrono Trigger
-Chrono Cross
-Legend of Dragoon

And now a list of games I want to beat but do not own:
-Lunar 2
-Ape Escape

And lastly, the games that I own and have already beat at least once that I wish to play again:
-Final Fantasy VII
-Final Fantasy X
-Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete

I think I need to buy another copy of Lunar because mine has been lent out to every single person in the world (exaggeration) and it's covered in scratches

EDIT: I got my copy at EB Games for $19.99 or $20.99 (Cdn.) about two years ago. You might be able to still find it if you're lucky.
Quote by aequitasveritas
chrono trigger = best game ever.

Definitely.

I remember the first time I reached the Kingdom of Zeal...

*orgasms*
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Eh, I prefer Chrono Cross, which isn't saying much because Chrono Cross is my favorite game ever.

They are both awesome games
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Gunpowder
Definitely.

I remember the first time I reached the Kingdom of Zeal...

*orgasms*

I love that place... Especially the music there.
You guys remember the mini-game in the future ice age place where you race on motorcycles???
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Edit:
Son of a bitch. Ebay and Amazon don't have any copies I was hoping to pick this up again because I've got a half-term break this week.

Another bump-plea for great justice.
Quote by yoshixxx7
You guys remember the mini-game in the future ice age place where you race on motorcycles???

Actually, the ice is in the past. The future was all desolate wastleland... And yeah, the minigame was pretty cool... What was the guy's name again? Johnny something.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Akira Toriyama, aye.

Edit:

emulator ftw
Quote by Ichikurosaki
emulator ftw

Any recommendations?
I tried a GBA emulator once but didn't have a clue how to do anything with it.
PM me if it's not allowed to be talked about here.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Any recommendations?
I tried a GBA emulator once but didn't have a clue how to do anything with it.
PM me if it's not allowed to be talked about here.

get a snes emu. ZsnesW is a good one
a rom should be easy to get too

google is your friend here
I've only ever played the ps1 version though
Can my mind handle the change or will it reject it?
its the same game as far as i know. crono cross just has better graphics cutscenes, is what i heard, ive never played cross though
I'll just check Wiki for the changes.

Edit:
Actually, I'll just get a ps1 emulator, since there's other ps1 games I fancy playing again.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
its the same game as far as i know. crono cross just has better graphics cutscenes, is what i heard, ive never played cross though

They're not the same game. They have different plots (Cross's being more confusing...), different battle systems, different characters, different settings...

The biggest similarity between the two games is they both kick ass.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yep, CC and CT are different games, CT being for the SNES, CC for PS1.

Also, Retro Rocker, do you want CT or CC? I think Chrono Trigger is only for SNES...

EDIT: Damn, I thought the composer for the music was by Yasunori Mitsuda, but it's by Nobuo Uematsu... It says Yasunori for the tabs anyway.

EDIT: It says both of them for the tabs!
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Oct 20, 2007,
Quote by RedDeath9
Yep, CC and CT are different games, CT being for the SNES, CC for PS1.

Also, Retro Rocker, do you want CT or CC? I think Chrono Trigger is only for SNES...

EDIT: Damn, I thought the composer for the music was by Yasunori Mitsuda, but it's by Nobuo Uematsu... It says Yasunori for the tabs anyway.

EDIT: It says both of them for the tabs!

Music was scored by 3 composers.

And yes, CT. It's out for playstation, Square released it as a greatest hits game a few years back too. Final Fantasy Chronicles is Trigger and FFIV.

Oh... snap. I can just buy Chronicles instead of looking for the single game
Quote by Retro Rocker
Akira Toriyama, aye.

Edit:

Just grab a rom.

Chrono Trigger was great. Funny thing is, I got to the very last boss but never bothered to finish it. I don't know why.
Chorno Trigger is amazing. I just played it like a month ago on an emulator and I would recommend it to anyone. It's better then any other RPG I've played unless we're counting Legend of Zelda games as RPGs.
Quote by Archaon
Just grab a rom.

Chrono Trigger was great. Funny thing is, I got to the very last boss but never bothered to finish it. I don't know why.

Yeah, I already posted this, but I got to Lavos Core and he killed me in one hit. So I gave up.
AHA!
Found a copy on ebay. There's only one. 13 hours left, not bad.
Gives me time to ask my mum if I can use her card since I've got no money in my account >.>

Edit:
It's an NTSC version. Doesn't that mean it won't play on my European hardware?
Quote by Doodleface
amazing game.

That game was ****ing awesome, I only got to disc 3 though

You know what was insane about it? I could only do the basic combo , but it did just as much damage as my Dragoon power could, ****ing insane
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
I'm not even sure what NTSC is, but I recognize it.

I searched it in wikipedia, apparently Europe 'dropped' NTSC for PAL.

So I don't know if it'll work.

EDIT: To retro.
Page 1 of 2