Page 1 of 3
Alright, My friend can play eruption right, i know i can play just as good shit but i dont wanna learn eruption, whats a solo or song that makes eruption looks like poopoo or a song that wont make me look like a noob ... in other words i need a guitar part or solo that i can show off with and is a little easyer than eruption

please and thanks you

EDIT: PLZ INCLUDE A POWERTAB LINK? OR A TAB LINK THANKS!!!!!
Last edited by FenderStrat21 at Feb 8, 2007,
smoke on the water always knocks em dead haha
Last edited by KGsolo5000 at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by KGsolo5000
smoke on the water always knocks em dead

under the bridge or nothing else matters are sure to make the ladies swoon
Quote by KGsolo5000
smoke on the water always knocks em dead

haha lol.

ouch it's hard to beat eruption.

but... try hangar 18 by megadeth, that one's a crowd pleaser
Quote by snowblind190
haha lol.

ouch it's hard to beat eruption.

but... try hangar 18 by megadeth, that one's a crowd pleaser

yeah the solos are awesome in that song.
Quote by merfsullivan
Boulevard of Broken Dreams solo is HAWT!

+1

people were "shredding" in this guitar battle, like sweeping and crap.

i whipped out my gibson, and played that bad boy.
people ran away.
Quote by weezer ate cake
eric johnson - cliffs of dover

certainly sounds better than eruption IMO... good luck memorizing it though.
who are u trying to impress?
if ur trying to impress other guitarists maybe something by dimebag like cemetary gates, if ur trying to impress girls something slow and with good lyrics

and if ur trying to impress rednecks try the freebird solo
Quote by demoniacfashion
Boulevard?
Under the Bridge?

Nothing Else Matters makes sense {perfect song}, but Boulevard of Broken Dreams?
Does that even have a solo? Friggin' 'tard.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/nothing_else_matters_ver7_tab.htm
This is the one I use so you know its good.

yeah we were using this new thing called "humour".
almost any Children of Bodom song should do the trick but to be safe you should go with the other guys advice about Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day
um yeah Smells like teen spirit all the way. Ha not realy, but try some Malmsteen stuff
Sorry buddy, but I don't think you'll be able to learn Eugene's Trick Bag unless you have a few weeks/months to practice or are willing to go to the crossroads and sell your soul.
Try Jason Becker "Serrana Arpeggios" . It's short, really fast, and pretty easy. When your friend sees you ripping those sweet arpeggios, Eruption will look like this
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by demoniacfashion
Boulevard?
Under the Bridge?

Nothing Else Matters makes sense {perfect song}, but Boulevard of Broken Dreams?
Does that even have a solo? Friggin' 'tard.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/nothing_else_matters_ver7_tab.htm
This is the one I use so you know its good.

Uhhhhh... Yeah? The part where he totally freakin' shreds it up with octaves!??!?!??! L00053r!
hey where are these crossroads you speak of?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Heres a good one: The Claw by Jerry Reed. Its a nice little tune. Kinda hard, though.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Play over this chord progression:

Cmaj7 C#°7 | Dm7 D#°7 | Em7 A7

Learn all the notes in the chords, find the right scales, throw in some super hot licks at a fast tempo, improvise, then tell him to improvise over it. Yay!
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Lots of stuff by Dream Theater is impressive. Try the solo from In The Name Of God
Spanish Fly. It's by far the better of the well-known Eddie Van Halen solo pieces, and it's not so cliched that other guitarists will throw things at you.
My advice would be for you and your friend to get a clue what music is about.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by CowboyUp
If the threadstarter can play that I'll lick my own balls.

If he can play it, I'll lick your balls.
Quote by CowboyUp
If the threadstarter can play that I'll lick my own balls.

lucky you you said the ts, i can play that
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
get down stabwound by necrophagist at full speed....then make him eat ur sack.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Write a song (a good one) with an impressive solo piece, THAT will make him cry.
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
Thread starter, no offense, but you are really coming off as a jackass. So your friend knows eruption, there is no reason for you to get jealous. If you really feel the need to show him up just because you are threatened by his ability, then maybe you shouldn't be playing guitar. There's always gonna be people better than you.
Quote by bassdrum
Thread starter, no offense, but you are really coming off as a jackass. So your friend knows eruption, there is no reason for you to get jealous. If you really feel the need to show him up just because you are threatened by his ability, then maybe you shouldn't be playing guitar. There's always gonna be people better than you.

yeah, most people that actually CAN play eruption learn it at least once. And if you're not even sure of what song could top eruption, and you're requesting a power tab for it... you probably need to start on something easier... or just try eruption and see if you can play it to the track.

but just for shits... learn Mr. Scary by George Lynch
Page 1 of 3