Ok, so 3 guys go to a restaurant, each one pays 10 dollars for a meal, totaling 30 dollars. The manager informs the waiter that they get a group discount, and they get 5 dollars back. The waiter gives each of them a dollar, but is greedy and keeps the last two for himself.

So each guy paid 9 dollars after getting their dollar back, and the waiter kept two.

9+9+9+2=29

Where is the last dollar?
omgz! the two she kept wa already counted in the 9 each payed!
Last edited by guitar? at Feb 8, 2007,
but the waiter gave them three dollars back not two

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

He kept 2 for himself.
I remember I got this one in my e-mail and I nailed it a few seconds after I read it. Unfortunately now it has slipped my mind, though I know it's really ****ing obvious. I'm way too ****ing tired, been out for 11 hours...
Quote by Schecter4lyfe

Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by MySweetFracture
Whats the sales tax on the starship enterprise?

...Thus is the curse of the Trekker.
1. Paid $30 ... $30
2. Got $5 back ... $25
3. Given $3 ... $28
4. Waiter Pockets $2 ... $30

Ignore the $9 part.

Edit... too late.
wow.. mind boggeling that one..

im not gonna sleep tonight now.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
well if they get a 5 dollar discount, that means 25 dollars they get 3 back thats 28 dollars the waiter kept two
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by kr580
1. Paid $30 ... $30
2. Got $5 back ... $25
3. Given $3 ... $28
4. Waiter Pockets $2 ... $30

Ignore the $9 part.

Edit... too late.

you are suppose to solve it the way the riddle is setup. the probelm its the riddle sets up the math wrong. so the riddle can go die.
Quote by guitar?
the two he kept was already counted in the 9 each payed!

Fixed.
thas stupid. cos. the 9+9+9 includes the money the waiter kept. so why add it on again? when its actually the money that was given back iv taken away from the 30? ur actually just wrong.
Quote by guitar?
you are suppose to solve it the way the riddle is setup. the probelm its the riddle sets up the math wrong. so the riddle can go die.

No, the $9 thing is to throw you off.
Quote by guitar?

I'm supposed to solve it... doesn't matter how I do it, as long as I come up with the answer
30-5=25+3=28 waiter keeps the $2
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
I'd've said were actually
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Dæmönika
After the $5 was taken from the till, $25 was left in. The waiter kept 2$ for himself and gave the 3$ back to the customers.

Exactly. Meaning it would look more like this:

8.33+8.33+8.33+3+2=30

Because each man paid 1/3 of the $25, which is $8.33, then each got a dollar, then the waiter took $2.

..and because of rounding, someone would have to chip in an extra penny.
You have a castle with a 16 foot wide moat around it. There is a drawbridge, but they sure as hell aren't going to let it down for you. There are crocodiles in the water, so you can't swim it. All you have is a 10 foot board and a 5 foot board. How are you going to cross?

("swim fast" and "fill the moat with dead babies" aren't correct).

Meh, this one sucks without a picture :p
Its a paradox not a riddle but yeah, the dollar didn't go anywhere
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by CowboyUp
You have a castle with a 16 foot wide moat around it. There is a drawbridge, but they sure as hell aren't going to let it down for you. There are crocodiles in the water, so you can't swim it. All you have is a 10 foot board and a 5 foot board. How are you going to cross?

("swim fast" and "fill the moat with dead babies" aren't correct).

Meh, this one sucks without a picture :p

Wood floats, sit on one wooden board and paddle, and hit crocodiles with the other
Quote by spazzymagee417
Quote by Tedrick
Its a paradox not a riddle but yeah, the dollar didn't go anywhere

i dontthink you know what paradox means, this is a pardox

"this statement is a lie"
Quote by guitar?
i dontthink you know what paradox means, this is a pardox

"this statement is a lie"

A paradox is a contradictory statement, which the thread "riddle" was. The answer contradicted the expected result, hence a paradox.
Quote by spazzymagee417