I realize that the Hellraiser is a superior guitar, but have also heard that the G-400 is a steal for $299 new. Keeping both guitars stock, how different is their sound/tone? I know the Hellraiser is great for metal, but lacks a good clean. What about the G-400?
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
G-400 has a pretty good clean with the stock pickups, i find the stock pickups to be a little muddy when the gain is added , i prefer the G-400 just because i don't like EMG's
68 views and only one person chimed in? Anyone else have anything to say about the G-400?
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
The g-400 is definately a great guitar for the money, but the hellraiser is also great for the money, and it's in a way higher class of guitars than the g-400. Think of it this way, a g-400 is better than a squier, but a hellraiser is better than a real fender, depending on exact model and personal preference.

If you're a beginner with a little more cash than most, the g-400 is great, but the hellraiser could be used as a professional instrument for a touring band.
Well, I already have a Hellraiser, looking for another guitar that is different from it and my Strat, and was wondering if the SG would fit the bill or if it's too similar to the Hellraiser in sound?

And I am a 34 year old beginner, so ya, I probably have a little more cash than most other beginners, but only to a certain extent.
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
yes, it'd have a different sound than both of them, it's worth the money, especially if you put some SD's or even Gibson pickups in it, they're better than a Gibson faded, look around ebay for an Epiphone Elitist SG, just as good as any Gibson standard imo
You've already made a thread on something similar to this...
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I realize that, but wanted to address this specific subtopic, so opened a new thread.
My gear...

Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Quote by Staz80
I realize that, but wanted to address this specific subtopic, so opened a new thread.

Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Quote by Chad11491
look around ebay for an Epiphone Elitist SG, just as good as any Gibson standard imo

I could not possibly agree more, the elitist series epiphones are one of the best deals out there for the money, but you have to go on ebay for an sg, they don't make them anymore.
the answer to that question is almost souly opinion. The hellraiser is made better and uses better matierals. The quilted maple top will make it sound brighter and fuller. Along with the emgs and set neck, its a screamer. Only problem with schecters is that, while they are made with quality materials, they are always just thrown together on an assembly line with no care to the finer details or set up. Its fit and finish isn't great. I have a C-1 blackjack which SOUNDS great, but isnt MADE very well.
I have a Hellraiser and my lil bro has a g-400. I all depends on your style of music. I play alot of fast paced metal/rock and the Hellraiser kills on it, but with cleans and classic rock I think my lil bro's g-400 sounds alot better. So its all personal preference, but both are good guitars.
My Equip:

- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- Peavey ValveKing 212 Amp
- Ibanez Gio =)
The G-400 is the better value of the two without a doubt, and just on stock I think it is the most versatile.

However, I play Metal / Hardcore mainly so I'd prefer the Hellraiser. However, completely up to you, you know what you play better than I do.

My advice? Try 'em out, and if you're still not sure get the G-400.
R E G G A E
If you already have a Hellraiser, why exactly are you asking? Just go try out a G-400, and if you like it, then buy it. It's not going to be better than the Hellraiser, but if you just want to collect, it should be an ok guitar.