Hey, wasnt sure where to post this but this seemed like a fairly good place....so anyway....

I've been playing guitar for a while now and have just recently discovered you're supposed to play in positions which has made my life SO much easier....(sad I know lol) but anyway, my question is, since I've just started to really use my pinky finger (I used to use it before but not a whole lot) Im just wondering...

What can I do to liberate my pinky finger from the strangle-hold that my ring finger has on it?? No matter what I try my ring finger always pulls my pinky around or vise versa and it kinda gets in the way of playing things...

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
Just try playing around with some jazz chords or something. They have quite alot of chords which require the pinky and ring finger to be in different places.

One thing which really helped me was playing the main riff from Layla using my index and pinky (you know, the 10h13 parts).
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Wow 10 hours? That task seems a little daunting but it could work lol

Also I never thought of playing Jazz chords for this sort of thing...thanks

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
its 10 hammer on thirteen, not ten hours
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by RHCPfan01
its 10 hammer on thirteen, not ten hours

lol no no I meant the Tab up there ^ its a 10-hour workout tab.

~ C.G. Jung
Even doing one of those exercises daily will improve your dexterity.
Tiger style.
dude, 10 hours a day would kill me. i dont even have that much free time in a day!

well, except on some weekends...........

but yeah, jazz chords are helpful for this. for more fret-hand strengthening, try some left-handed...uh...writing.

(if you know what i mean...hahaha)
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990