Around March or April of last year, I bought a shitty offbrand acoustic ($110, Woods Instruments(?)). After trying to learn that, I wasn't really sure it was right for me, so I got a starter electric for my birthday in June. This Christmas, I upgraded to a better electric. Now, I find myself playing my old acoustic pretty much all day every day, and I'm enjoying a lot more than I ever have electric.

Now my question is, do you think it would be worth it to upgrade to a new acoustic (specifically Washburn D10S)? My current one is really hollow sounding and to me seems more like a toy than a real acoustic. Would the Washburn be a big improvement? I would just feel guilty getting 4 guitars in a year, although 2 were shitty starters.
I've never tried the D10S, but I hear they are decent instruments for the price. I would personally suggest the Ibanez PF series (the acoustic I have). They are dreads with either a cutaway or not, and they come with a great Fishman pickup/preamp combo. I got the one with the cutaway, and it sounds amazing for the price ($400 I think). Anyway whatever you do, don't buy a guitar without trying it out first.

Hope this helped.
Yeah, I plan on going to Guitar Center one of these days. $400 is too expensive, I only want to spend $200, maybe a little more.
The Yamaha FG700S is also a great choice.
make sure you check that out too.
This is just my opinion, but I've played a couple of my mates Washbourns, and they have a fairly compressed, dark sound. I don't like that, but quality-wise it'd probably be better. And you might like the sound. Maybe the one you're looking at is different.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
It's just like choosing a girlfriend really. You meet as many as possible, play around with a few, and then eventually you come across one where you're like "oh god I have to have you. And that's the one that gets to live at your house. Just keep playing different guitars, and the right one will come along.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Do I get to beat them too?

My next question is, what's the difference between the Washburn D10S and the Yamaha FG700S? I'm leaning towards the Washburn since it comes in black plus comes with case, but I'm wondering about sound.
my first guitar was a yamaha f310, very impressed with the price and even the sound of the guitar, i was so happy with that yamaha i also got recomended and fg700 but got the 720 instead, im very happy with it and im sure anyone would be... next time
dont forget to read the guitar reviews on this site and other, go yamaha.. i promise you. for around £150 i doubt you will get a better sounding guitar then fg series
I've read reviews, but most of the ones for the D10S say that it's better than the Yamaha, while the Yamaha ones say that it's better than the D10S, so I really don't know which way to go.
I've played lower end Yamahas and Washburns and they are kind of alike... I think it comes down to what tone you want, bright or dark, and what kind of neck/body you like better... the best way to do that is go down to your local guitar store and just try out every guitar there you can afford (and for fun some you can't) and you will almost certainly find one that fits you. I know that that is a proven way to go about this and this way you will not be disappointed.

P.S. what made you choose these two guitars? did you play either one yet or is it just based on what you've seen online? because I do the later every time, but I never end up buying what I liked online once I try some I never heard of/considered.
So Your Sickness Weighs A Ton And God's Name Is Smack For Some
God Smack by Alice in Chains

those boys in Mother Love Bone... They're like soup, they're like nothing bad
Holy Roller by Mother Love Bone

RIP Layne Staley and Andrew Wood
Just play them both and see which one you like better.
If you can't really tell the difference go with the one which you think looks better.
I've just read good things online about the two. I don't want to go into Guitar Center and try out tons, I'd like to just narrow it down to the two best before I go in. Mainly because I suck at guitar, so I don't want to waste time pretending like I know what I'm doing, haha.
Dude... I'm telling you narrowing it down is ok to do but when you go in just try all the guitars you can... You don't have to know how to play like Hendrix or anything, just as long as you get a feel for the guitar. Plus if you're going by the guitars on Musiciansfriend.com I know from experience that the guitars on there are (surprising much of the time) not in stock or not carried at Guitar Centers... that raises the question of what will you do if neither guitar is there? Keep in mind I'm not saying what you're doing is a bad idea (I did the same thing when looking for my electrics) and while I did get a guitar similar to one on my list I discovered some great brands that I would never have considered when shopping on line by just trying the guitars in my price range... it can't hurt
So Your Sickness Weighs A Ton And God's Name Is Smack For Some
God Smack by Alice in Chains

those boys in Mother Love Bone... They're like soup, they're like nothing bad
Holy Roller by Mother Love Bone

RIP Layne Staley and Andrew Wood
It is good to narrow it down some. But to choose between 2 guitars that you have narrowed simply by what we are recommended it pretty silly. They are both great guitars, everyone has a different opinion. You need to make up your own mind.

It doesn't matter if you go in there and suck. People don't pay attention. They are there for a certain purpose, as are you, they don't really care what anyone else is doing as long as it doesn't affect them.
Plus, playing guitars is great fun. Like in the next couple of days when I can be bothered going and buying some new strings and picks I will probably spend about 40mins at the shop playing around on the guitars. Just cos it's fun, and when I end up buying a new guitar i will already have a good idea of whats good and whats not. It also gives me the chance to play guitars I will never be able to afford.
Yeah, that's what I do. If I had of done that when I got my electric, I probably wouldn't have ended up with the Squier!
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail