I have a Epiphone SG-400 and I love how fast the neck is. I was wondering is there a guitar with a faster neck? If so please let me know. Thanks
if you can't tell the differnce of slow and fast necks, how can you like it????
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
lol can someone fill me in on how a neck can be fast? or not fast? This is a common term and its bugged me for a while..
ive never played one, but i m gunna say definately yes, try higher end jackson and an ibanez wizard, im sure they will be much faster, but still im glad you love your neck
Dson, i find the thickness, some people hate thin necks, but i love them, pick up a prestige ibanez guitar and try out a Wizard, its even faster then the Wizard II on mine which is amazing...
I just played an Ibanez prestige and it was so fast I felt like Herman Li, too bad my guitar sucks.
It's a strange concept, but generally thin necks such as Ibanez Wizard necks are considered fast. However, I've played some vintage guitars with really worn in necks which are just as fast but considerably thicker.

It's just down to how fast you can play on a certain neck and indeed, how easy it is to play that fast on it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by niftycakedude
I just played an Ibanez prestige and it was so fast I felt like Herman Li, too bad my guitar sucks.

You got drunk and played extremely sloppily?

Like everyone else said, try some Ibanez's and Jackson's, If you like the Neck on the Epi, maybe some Schecters?
Quote by Zofar

Haha, too true.

I quite like his stuff because he has a sort of charm about him, but you can't deny that his sweeping is more like a rake than anything.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ibanez, jackson, ESP
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
There is no such thing as a fast neck. It's a myth. You can play fast on any neck, you just have to have the right technique.
Rudy da Costa
Last edited by rudy_dacosta at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by Zofar

Like everyone else said, try some Ibanez's and Jackson's, If you like the Neck on the Epi, maybe some Schecters?

I thought it was the other guy who always got drunk and ****ed everything up?
Quote by rudy_dacosta
There is no such thing as a fast neck. It's a myth. You can play fast on any neck, you just have to have the right technique.

I agree. Just, some necks feel nicer rather than being faster.

I hate thin necks. It's like playing I 3/4 size.
^I disagree, I mean I tried some guitars out each for 15 mins and after comparing the MIM Strat with the Ibanez Rg321 I was shocked to find that I felt playing on the Ibanez was much easier and I felt like I could slide up and down the neck with great ease.

If you dont like thin necks then that is another matter.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join