How did you use to learn how to play the guitar? Im having learning on my own and need a little help
Lessons and lots of practice. Everything seems difficult if not impossible at first. Stick with it, it'll happen.
I was self-taught... I bought books, practiced, read articles on internet, practiced, talked with people who played music, practiced, practiced, and... practiced!

or you may take lessons... It's expensive but I heard it's really worth it!

Good Luck!

@ garden of grey : Amon Amarth ftw... I saw them live in december with Children of Bodom... it was insane!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I played piano beforehand so I applied what little theory I knew to the guitar. Lately I've been learning as much as I can off the internet, which is a great resource as long as you know how to spot the gold among all of the inaccurate and misleading crap. I bought a metronome and came up with exercises to speed up my alternate picking and legato playing, and at the moment I'm working on my sweeps. I probably learnt the most from jamming with anyone who would play with me - other guitarists, pianists, saxophonists...
well i had played violin for 7 years and i applied theory from that to the guitar. but i took lesson from an amazing guitarist who went to Berklee school of music. Best decision ever, i would advise u to take lessons.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
the New Members forum is for questions about the website & forum, not guitar.
from daylight...
...into darkness