whatt are like pull offs and how do you do them
like say tab wise 5 and 6 are tied togather and it says pull off
thanks guys rock on
well its a pull off, so i suppose you pull of from 6 to 5, if its linked 5 to 6, its a hammer on.and slipknots not the best.
Hope this makes sense. If you have your 1st finger on the 5th fret, use your 2nd finger to pluck the same string at the 6th while leaving the 1st finger planted. Hope that makes sense.
alrite. . .it's like when your holding down the string at the 6th fret you would have a finger behind it at the 5th fret too. This wouldn't affect the sound at all until you pulled off the first finger. So you put your fingers like that, then pick the string, then pull off the finger on the 6th fret. Hope that helped.
i think that techincally pull-offs should be called "brush-offs" because i actually twist my finger a little bit to give the string a bit of a pluck.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

Guitar
Expert
Quote by MickThompson666
idc how i type and i never said slipknot was the best

It's right under your name!

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by MickThompson666
idc how i type and i never said slipknot was the best

Look at your avatar.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by MickThompson666
i never said they were the best maybe i just like slipknot , maybe i just like mick thompson

confused, slipknot is knot good
Quote by Twist of fate
Oh my god this isnt even on the topic of pull offs anymore

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok... a pulloff on 5/6 would be :

You put a finger on the 5th fret and an other finger on the 6th fret (same string)...

You pick the string ONCE while your finger is on the 6th fret, then WITHOUT PICKING, you remove your finger on the 6th to make the 5th fret sound...

That's a pull-off... basically, it's just an hammer-on but the other way (if you know what's an hammer-on..)
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
dude u prolly shoudlnt be playing the guitar lol. slipknot sucks ass.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
the New Members forum is for questions about the website & forum, not guitar.

and stop spamming everyone.
from daylight...
...into darkness