A while ago, I bought a Fender Rumble 15 for about $30 brand new at a store that was going out of business. Not too long ago, the treble knob was broken off the amp (not by me, honest). Then, the person who broke it decided to repair it by gluing the knob back on with some slow drying but effective craft glue. Well, the glue seeped in between the post of the knob and the screwed on washer before it dried. Now the knob is completely seized. (I swear to GOD, it wasn't me).

Any idea how to fix this thing? The treble knob was seized when it was cranked... not the end of the world, I like it that way. However, I would like to have it fixed. I tried gluing the knob onto JUST the post using Krazy Glue, hoping the bond between the Krazy Glue and the post would be stronger than the bond between the wall of the screwed on washer to the post so I could just twist it back to normal, but not dice.

I also tried to scrape out much of the glue, and that didn't help. Any suggestions?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, solvents are your best bet. Just avoid getting it on any other part of the amp (particularly plastic bits and wiring, it'll dissolve the plastic), and don't breathe too deeply

If he used epoxy (which I'm led to believe it was, if it was "slow-drying craft glue") you're going to have a hell of a time, though.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
No, it wasn't epoxy, it was just white glue. It did say that it was SUPER AMAZING and that it DRIES FAST!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Then, the person who broke it decided to repair it by gluing the knob back on with some slow drying but effective craft glue.

That was the joint I was referring to. Either way, solvents ahoy!
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Good call, thanks!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Haha just noticed you live in Hamilton...if all else fails you could spray some delicious Lake Ontario water on the glue, there's gotta be some chemical in the water that'll do the trick.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Quote by canadianpunk071
Haha just noticed you live in Hamilton...if all else fails you could spray some delicious Lake Ontario water on the glue, there's gotta be some chemical in the water that'll do the trick.

LMAO yeah I just took it outside and the sweet Hamilton air made all the other knobs fall off.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
yum hamilton. smog
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com