Page 1 of 4
I can't believe I couldn't find a thread on this I couldn't even find a fall out boy thread. So has anyone bought the album or downloaded it? I bought it yesterday. I love it, so let's discuss the album. My favorite song at the moment is "Hum Halleujah."

If this has been done plz tell me, I just couldn't find it anywhere.
I thnk maybe the reason you didnt find a fallout boy thread on here is becase this is a MUSIC website
peopel are discussing this in two places, the leaked thread and the FOB one
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
it was leaked so i got it like 3 weeks ago. then i bought it on the 6th for the extra songs.

my favorite songs are "Youre crashing, but youre no wave" "Hum Hallelujah" and "g.i.n.a.s.f.s."(bonus Song)

great record but doesnt match with EOWYG or TTTYG
There's something living in these lines.
I pre-ordered it and it still didn't come. I could have already bought it from the store lol.

Oh well.
EOWYG is my least favorite, but still good none the less, but I've never been able to get a hold of angel spit, it's the only one I've never had a chance to listen to.

Quote by snowblind190
I thnk maybe the reason you didnt find a fallout boy thread on here is becase this is a MUSIC website

Said the JAN 07er
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 8, 2007,
I just got it off BitTorrent, and am only on the third song now. Oh, it's their single.

First impressions, not too bad. The long song titles are getting tiresome, though.
Thriller's awesome, the singles are too...but they kind of drag after a while...

Ababil
Hi! Are you a home studio recordist in need mixing and/or mastering?

Want a FREE mix consultation?

CONTACT ME!

Quote by standonealone
Fall out boy can suck my left testicle for all I care, they suck at making music.

I haven't been on hear alot and have a question. Why is it people with no intrest in the topic bother entering and replying? When you join does a your computer gas you with something that makes you a complete asshole(aswell as racist and Homophobic, I've read the word "Fag" here more times than my whole life).

Anyway Infinity on High, I like it. The Take over, The break over, I
m like a Lawyer and hum Hallelua are my favorite so far. I love the diverse style of the album. Fuct was good but this gives alittle more of everything. Somehow it manages to take themselfs forward while feeling bit more like TttYG. I won't say if it my favorite as it takes months for me to fully digest an album and I have alot on my musical plate right now(just discovered David Bowie) but yeah its good.
^^

you.

buttsecks?

for two reason:

your not a fanboy (or girl) whos like ZOMG!!111!!!!! PETES SO00O090 EFFING HOTZZ!!1111!oneeleven!!!

and 2, you like david bowie.

haha jk, nah cause your smart.
way to post that THREEEEEE times. kids these days...

i do think that there are a couple of catchy songs, but then the rest are kinda just the songs on fuct + tttyg that i didn't like.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Is it me or has the singer gotten fat? And when the guy is ontop of the casket playing his guitar; what effect is he using?
Last edited by Fallen186 at Feb 11, 2007,
if you don't like fall out boy, don't come into fall out boy threads. I just bought Infinity On High, haven't had a chance to listen yet, what i heard in store was pretty good

I Animals!!! They're Delicious!!!

...I'm oNly a litTlE CRAzY, BUT A LITtlE GoeS a LOnG WaY...

¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? Lárgate cabrón.

Im not sure if they are the most hated, but they do deserve the burn they get most of the time, because its really nothing special. And they are really not a good band.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
First, I'm gonna download and listen to it before I make a judgement, like most people have, without even listening to all of it..

From what I've heard from those live AOL videos though, it doesn't look good..they blew real hard.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Ive listened to it all....three times (I always give an album 3x)

And I dont think its good, at all. Like, FUTCT had about 2-3 songs that I didnt mind. But this one I just cant stand.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Ive listened to it all....three times (I always give an album 3x)

And I dont think its good, at all. Like, FUTCT had about 2-3 songs that I didnt mind. But this one I just cant stand.

That wasn't aimed directly at you

At least you listened to it though, can't say fairer than that, I'm about half way through.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

_In an attempt to start a discussion xArCaDiAx what was it you Disliked about the album. It seems so diverse I find it stange that someone who liked the last album couldn't find a single song.

A slightly indepth opinion on the album now that I've had some time.

Lyrics-This has always been where Fall Out boy was great . Still are. They have a very specific style that is hard to judge against other writing because it is very much the only of its type. cynicism and sarcasm are fair staples of music today but the way they weave it is incredible. Their style takes pop culture qoutes and snips and cleaverly makes songs of them. Sometimes twisting things into a completly new feeling such as one of my favorite's lines from the stangly Hyme like song Hum Hullelujuh-

A Teenage Vow in a parking lot
Till tonight do us part

Potraying a teenage-ish Marriage saying. The feeling of loving for the moment. Its really something I couldn't imagine it in any other band and IMO it works.

Vocals-Are really varied in these stretching the singers voice to the point of breaking I'm sure.

Instrumentation.-It takes longer to really get to know these but the Drumming seems really good. The riffs are unique enough that after only a few days I know the start to the first six songs

So yeah. So far it seems good. I don't know really what this crap is about them having no talent. I can understand not liking the type of music especialy with the older ones here since its natural to not "get" new kinds of music but the magority seem to be people my age and they really seem to have some sort of personal stake this debate. Its never "I don't like {insert new band that quickly got popular} it just not m thing", but alway "{Insert same band} sucks! How can you like them! I don't like them so its wrong to like them!" $@&!"

Seriously I know I keep asking this but whats up with that? They seem almost frightened.
Last edited by Nightmarenny at Feb 13, 2007,
you know what, im disapointed in the guys. what have they done to themselves? this album sucks monkey balls. TTTYG and FUTCT were way better than this. they are really poppy and strange sounding now. what ever happened to classics like Grand Theft Autumn(Where Is Your Boy) and I Slept With Someone From Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me????? oh the inhumanity.
ok i take a bit of this back... i like Thriller. its sounds more like FOB than anyof the others.
Last edited by punk_isntemo12 at Feb 13, 2007,
Quote by Fallen186
Is it me or has the singer gotten fat? And when the guy is ontop of the casket playing his guitar; what effect is he using?

mmm, iv kinda noticed that. i thought he was cute when they started, but now...well i really dont know any more. im just confused. and is it just me, or does Pete sound like hes trying to be a rapper on Thriller?
to answer your question, maybe pete is trying to rap, cause they a) DID record with tht style producer.

and b) they ARE influenced by rap music.

also, to your first post (dont double post....)

they are PROGRESSING as a music band, they arent going to stay Grand Theft Autmnish, so dont expect them to.

also...
punk isnt emo?

mcr isnt punk.....or emo.

emo is more punk than mcr.
Quote by original=punk
to answer your question, maybe pete is trying to rap, cause they a) DID record with tht style producer.

and b) they ARE influenced by rap music.

also, to your first post (dont double post....)

they are PROGRESSING as a music band, they arent going to stay Grand Theft Autmnish, so dont expect them to.

also...
punk isnt emo?

mcr isnt punk.....or emo.

emo is more punk than mcr.

dont ask. i couldnt think of anything better at the time when i was signing up. i always have crap usernames. and i found out that its actuall this guy called fat joe thats doing the rapping.
my bad about the double post. wont forget again.
Quote by stratkat
I can't believe I couldn't find a thread on this I couldn't even find a fall out boy thread. So has anyone bought the album or downloaded it? I bought it yesterday. I love it, so let's discuss the album. My favorite song at the moment is "Hum Halleujah."

If this has been done plz tell me, I just couldn't find it anywhere.

i tink that this aint a scene it an arms race is rite gud
that album has gone extremely mainstream imo.. so they've lost all their respect from me by completely selling out!

and what with all the rappers shit in This aint an arms race?? I thought they were pop-punk!!
the reviews on UG of this record are complete BS, i mean they all give the album a 10, the album in my opinion desrevers 5s across the board, one of the reveiwers calls the sound mind blowing and that you get the scense you are a listening to what the guitar and bass where destined to be playedd like??? WTF, FOB has always just been a good band with catchy lyrics, they never where trying to be this crazy amazing mindblowing, the play catchy songs. The people who write reviews also say how great patrick's lyrics are on the cd...i don't see how they can say that since he doesn't write the lyrics....if your going to write a review know your stuff not just about the band you are reviewing but music in general.
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
their lyrics are like panic. they try to be as smart as they can be and put together whitty catchy line after whitty catchy like to form songs that are just so "sell-out-ish" that it makes me laugh. and maybe they do rap. there going on tour with paul wall.
This album furthers my opinion that they are attempting to write songs based on lines that could be used as Myspace name/AIM away messages.

They went downhill after that first album. Waaaaay downhill.
maybe she was hiding because she wanted to be found.
This has nothing to do with FOB, but it was in the other FOB thread that got closed:

Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3

maybe i've been wrong.
maybe my intentions are irrelevant.
but honestly, closing this thread, it's not just for me.

bahaha I love you for that.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Page 1 of 4