ok heres the thing im lookin for a new guitar and i think i want a tele. heres the one im lookin at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-SH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512575
is tht 1 worth the 300?or is there better for the price. also wat kind of music can u play with a telecaster?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
teles are awesome and you can play anything with them.

that being said, i'd highly advise that you do not get THAT tele. the reason is it's a squire. you can probably find a mexican-made fender tele for that price that'll rock its socks off.
ne links u can give me?
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by silvertoness11
ok heres the thing im lookin for a new guitar and i think i want a tele. heres the one im lookin at http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Telecaster-SH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512575
is tht 1 worth the 300?or is there better for the price. also wat kind of music can u play with a telecaster?

Okay, as vantage4 says, you can play almost anything with them, but they do have a very distinctive tone.

Teles are renowned for their trebly, jangly tone, especially on the bridge pickup. They're even more trebly than Stratocasters. If you're looking for a traditionally heavy sounding, hard rock or metal guitar, you might not like Teles.

For folk, country and most rock, the Tele would be quite comfortable. Jimmy Page recorded the Stairway to Heaven solo on his Telecaster, iirc. Hell, John 5 plays a modified Tele too... it's pretty versatile if you don't need a lot of bass in your tone.

And bah to vantages anti-Squier comment! Squier Telecasters are vastly superior to Squier Stratocasters - I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Telecasters are so straightforward in their build that it'd be practically impossible to screw them up.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by Caustic
Okay, as vantage4 says, you can play almost anything with them, but they do have a very distinctive tone.

Teles are renowned for their trebly, jangly tone, especially on the bridge pickup. They're even more trebly than Stratocasters. If you're looking for a traditionally heavy sounding, hard rock or metal guitar, you might not like Teles.

For folk, country and most rock, the Tele would be quite comfortable.

And bah to vantages anti-Squier comment! Squier Telecasters are vastly superior to Squier Stratocasters - I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Telecasters are so straightforward in their build that it'd be practically impossible to screw them up.

thx tht cleared alot bout teles. i still want a tele.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

meh i just searched musiciansfriend and music123 and the cheapest mexican teles were $399. look at different sites though, and also check out the G&L Tribute ASAT guitars, usually they're at least a little over $400 but i found a G&L at clearance price that i got for the same price you'd be paying for that dressed up squire.
Please don't get that Squier. They're just not well made guitars, especially in that price range. Just save up $100 more for a Fender Standard Telecaster.
I'm a person.
Quote by Caustic

hmmm i hadn't known that. is there still a big gap between them and the mim teles?

in any case i haven't played many squire teles so i figured their quality would be on par with the squire strats.

to threadstarter though, try a tele out at a guitar shop if you haven't already. some people don't like them, but they can get a hell of a punch out of the bridge pickup.
don't listen when someone says they wont do hard rock. check out john5 and jari from wintersun uses one
k yea i like the fender standard tele. i should be able to save 100 more bucks to get it. i have never tried them casu the local shops to my knowledge dont carry them.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

Quote by silvertoness11
k yea i like the fender standard tele. i should be able to save 100 more bucks to get it. i have never tried them casu the local shops to my knowledge dont carry them.

Good going.
I'm a person.
Try a load of Teles out first before you decide you want one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^i agree.

squiers guitars usually suck. they are cheaply made, feels cheap, and have bad sound and sustain. believe me, i tried a LOT of them.

well, except the affinity tele...somehow the affinity telecaster sounds a bit decent for a $179 guitar. preobably the alder body. it has a tele-ish sound too.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Special?sku=515115&src=3SOSWXXA

if youre looking for a cheap tele, i reccomend this... its no match against the Fender USAs, but if you ignore the cheap knobs and switches this thing works.
*just dont buy the affinity FAT tele... it sucks
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group