They can't play alot of there solos live.

Member #1,267,859 of the I'd die for Dethklok club. PM Vigilantius to join.

Infanterist of the First Reich of the Grammar Nazis.

Quote by MusicMan00
I noticed the avatar before I read what you said. Then I read it. Then I laughed.
I'll be damned the day that Dragonforce beats Marty Friedman at anything.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by TheEyeOfHorus
marty friedman could easily beat dragonforce any day. period

Exactly.

Except makin stupid ass sounds with a floyd.

The divebomb.

Wow. Thats original, Herman Li.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
i thought that was kinda cool. i like when herman does the motorcycle. thats pretty baller

this one
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Last edited by AngelGC at Feb 8, 2007,
I wish I could understand what they were saying.

Well anyway, DF "won" but imo Marty is a better player because his playing is more then just speed.
Quote by Spamwise
I wish I could understand what they were saying.

Well anyway, DF "won" but imo Marty is a better player because his playing is more then just speed.

We all know Friedman is the better player, but the contest wasn't trying to find out who the better player was, it was who could play faster as well as the sound things. Dragonforce was better at it.
Quote by AngelGC
i thought that was kinda cool. i like when herman does the motorcycle. thats pretty baller

this one

Again, another trick he didnt come up with.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
A better comparaison would be :

Dragonforce vs 800bpm NES
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Honestly, all the guys in that video participated to have fun. They didn't do it to cause a bitchfest between fans about who's better, nor did they actually take anything about it seriously, other than being entertaining. The point is that it was all in good fun, and I don't think it was presesnted a means to show who is "better" at playing guitar.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
That was ****ing annoying, I couldn't understand what the **** was goin on, and even if I did (I don't think I did anyway) it's a jiberish to me. That wasn't funny, I could only stand to watch a min and a half of it.
They should have a UK vs US match with the US represented by RIP era Megadeth. Dave wouldn't have made cooler noises or anything, but he might murder the Dragonforce guys afterwards. Plus, as anyone who's seen the video of his Jeopardy appearance knows, he would totally own a trivia section.
Well, it is just for fun, and regardless of their silly little speed contests, the thing is, in terms if guitar skill and musical ability, Friedman pisses on Dragonforce from a mile away.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I just find it insulting that marty would lose to them in anything guitar related, whether it be serious or not...

At there end there they jammed with a dragonforce song, and Marty still played it 1000000000000x better than they did.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Honestly, all the guys in that video participated to have fun. They didn't do it to cause a bitchfest between fans about who's better, nor did they actually take anything about it seriously, other than being entertaining. The point is that it was all in good fun, and I don't think it was presesnted a means to show who is "better" at playing guitar.

They just take things less seriously on Japanese TV than they do in the US.
Am I the only one who thinks Dragonforce are pretty cool?

Although, I do also think that Marty could take Dragonforce with one hand tied behind his back.
Quote by brake_p

Although, I do also think that Marty could take Dragonforce with one hand tied behind his back.

I agree with you on thinking Dragonforce are pretty cool, but seriously dude, prepare to get raped by the DF haters. I'd take Marty over DF any day of the week, if only because of greater musicality. And I like his tone better, lol!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Sam Totman's tapping in that was about as good as mine. And I suck ass.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Marty's playing is so beautiful. I would give just about anything to be able to improvise like he does.
I would have loved to understand what everyone said, but aside from that.

I'd like to see Dragonforce without tremolos.

What I would enjoy seeing....MA Batio vs. Dragonforce.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Michael Angelo Batio vs Dragonforce would be no contest. Dragonforce "won" that thing because they concentrate above all else on two things - speed and gimmicks. Marty is fast, but he didn't get a chance to showcase any of the stuff that he's best known for - his melodic playing, his phrasing, or his sweeps. He's not known for his tapping, and it's no surprise that Totman beat him on that. If there was a sweep lick instead Marty would have won that easily. Batio is another story - he can play a hell of a lot faster than them - with either hand - and the tricks he can do blow them out of the water. If harmonising himself isn't cool enough he can do the overhand/underhand thing that looks like it's been sped up. Plus his hair is the only thing on earth less tasteful than Herman Li's whammy bar tricks.
^^ oh christ this was a joke competion of JAPANESE TV. Even the Japanese don't take it seriously. They seem to be having fun. And my bet is if you asked Marty about Dragonforce, he would probably say he loves them. And vice versa for totman and Herman. I appreciate any good shred that I hear.

edit: though i will agree Batio is in a league of his own. To be honest, i don't even think zakk wylde or malmsteen can come close to touching him. I seriously think heat from friction is a factor when he plays.
Last edited by DaveGilmour1189 at Feb 9, 2007,
How the hell did Sam beat Marty?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
^^ oh christ this was a joke competion of JAPANESE TV. Even the Japanese don't take it seriously.

Try reading my first post. You know, the one where I make jokes about Dave Mustaine murdering Dragonforce. Just to make sure, since my quips about MAB's hair don't seem to have tipped you off that I am well aware that the whole thing is not to be taken seriously
Quote by Smokey Amp
How the hell did Sam beat Marty?

I thought they drew and it was Herman vs Rollo that decided it.
Quote by scrilly
They should have a UK vs US match with the US represented by RIP era Megadeth. Dave wouldn't have made cooler noises or anything, but he might murder the Dragonforce guys afterwards. Plus, as anyone who's seen the video of his Jeopardy appearance knows, he would totally own a trivia section.

Man, that would be awesome. But I would definitely choose different people. Like DF vs. Paul Gilbert and Ron Thal. Or Buckethead. Or Rustey Cooley. Or Steve Vai. Or John Petrucci. Or Shawn Lane if he were alive (RIP). Man, the U.S. would pwn the U.K IMO.
Does Marty Friedman speak Japanese/live in Japan or something? I've seen a lot of videos of him in Japanese shows.
Quote by tborsje

That was hilarious, it was like Iron Chef with guitar

all it needs is Chairman Kaga
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by Charlatan_001
Does Marty Friedman speak Japanese/live in Japan or something? I've seen a lot of videos of him in Japanese shows.

Yup, he does both.

Quote by scrilly
I thought they drew and it was Herman vs Rollo that decided it.

Well, Sam won the first lick, Marty won the second. I was suprised Sam even won one.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Yup, he does both.

Well, Sam won the first lick, Marty won the second. I was suprised Sam even won one.

Other way around...
Quote by brake_p

i like a few dragonforce songs, though they all sound the same, theyre ok, i kinda like fury of the storm and prepare for war
C'mon guys give it a break. It was entertaining to watch and was in no way serius or competitive. Marty is obviusly better then Dragonforce, no competition on TV will change that. I love Marty and I like Dragonforce. If only Marty would rejoin Megadeth...
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn