im a huge dispatch fan and the music was a type of mix of funk reggae rock, since they broke up put aside state radio i haven't heard ne bands that play similar to them at all, i was wondering if ne of u have heard bands similar to them
I got bats in belfry
I'm in the kitchen boiling society
I'm in the open catching all the leaves
We all sing what we want

please crit
eyes on the wall
nothing even though they are wonderful
Cody Juice
--Sparks and Limerence--

Quote by Gemini
*blasts a load of cum in the threadstarter's face*

Always happy to help.
If you like Dispatch, you'll probably like Lucero (although they're a tad country) and Better Than Ezra (little bit poppy rock). However they're both really good, and still touring.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Chetro rocks my socks too.

I think u'd dig Phish. They're not as reggae oriented as Dispatch, but theyre definitely in that same neighborhood. Their guitar lines can get a bit jazzy at times, but they have the best chemistry as a jam band since the Grateful Dead (I recommened them as well, especially their album Live Dead).

You might even like Matisyahu. He's like reggae rap (more reggae than rap), so if you like Cut It Ya Match It or some of Dispatch's other vocally faster songs, i highly suggest checkin him out.

There's also an outside chance u'd like My Morning Jacket. They're a jam band and don't really have a genre as such, i really wish i could describe their sound. (Plus theyre out of my hometown and their lead guitarist is from my school . They're not local though, theyve played pretty regularly at Bonnaroo and stuff. They're pretty big if u haven't head of em already).
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
i can't really think of anyone who's been able to get a sound quite like dispatch's, but matisyahu is worth a listen on his own merit.
dispatch a terrible acoustic reggae band that at least ended. Im sorry i just cant stand them. But I love My morning jacket and they are a little bit like em.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
dispatch a terrible acoustic reggae band that at least ended.

thanks. that was totally necessary.
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
^ IT was i was opening your eyes to see that dispatch is for chicks and is very flamboyent if you get what I mean.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
yeah dude, no idea what you're talking about. flamboyant?? dispatch rocks!

anyone else going to see them at the Garden? i've got tix for 2 nights. hooray for sleeping on NYC streetcorners!

: )
I hate to revive such an old thread but I love dispatch and this summer I saw Pete Francis (Dispatch Bassist) play with a band called Barefoot Truth, they're phenomenal. I saw them again without Pete and it was still an amazing show. You can get their live material for free at www.freebft.com you wont regret it.