when i plug my Squier Strat into my amp, it buzzes. is this because the pickups are ungrounded? what should i do?
A relaxed singer is a singer in control.

Quote by whocares09
"HOT DAMN LITTLE JIMMIES TOUCHIN HIS CACK N BALLS!! YEEHAH!"

OMFG!!! HAHAHAHA!

www.myspace.com/johnny_1990
Quieting the Beast.
The problem most probably that they aren't grounded at all, they just might be grounded badly. Keep in mind that you will never get single coils perfectly quiet.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Chances are that the wire going from the back of the volume pot to the trem claw has come loose, or the connection is messed up. That;'s just a simple wiring job, probably only envolving removing 2-6 screws.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Chances are that the wire going from the back of the volume pot to the trem claw has come loose, or the connection is messed up. That;'s just a simple wiring job, probably only envolving removing 2-6 screws.

Not necessarily though. My guitar had some horrible grounding issues so I took my guitar back to the place I bought it from (this was when I was a n00b, I thought my guitar was broken). Their tech went over it repeatedly, till they finally told me that the problems were caused by their shitty pickups, pots and wiring schemes.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."