Yes fellow UGer Keef-Is-King wanted to know if he could borrow my amp for a band practice and a school show later in the week.

He's been going to my school for the last few years and I only started talking to him every now and then this year. This is my main amp and I paid $200 for it. He has the same amp but needs to borrow it for his other guitar player so they can mic it on the stage.

HE says that he'll pay back for a new one if anything were to happen and that he'd take care of it. I think I should seeing as how he asked sincerely and plans to take good care for it. Also I would be able to ask his band for back up or something since I did something for them.

But my parents say to only lend something that important to really close friends, I talked to him throughout the year and on UG.

SO I ask should I let Keef-Is-King borrow my amp?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Yes. No biggie IMO.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I'd do it, personally. But, hey, that's just me. I wouldn't lend out my guitar though.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Sure unless you're an asshole.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Why not? He said he'd pay for it if something happens, which is unlikely. And if he doesn't pay for it if something happens, just beat him up.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Go ahead and let him use it,
You are going to the show right??
You can keep a close eye on it.
If you are reading this, GET A JOB!!
well i just let someone borrow a jcm900 and he took care of it but hes not this guy of course well id say do it cause you know him and if somethin happens i wouldnt count on getiing money for it id just beat his ass but as MuffinMan said i wouldnt let him corrow my guitar either
let him borrow it dont be a dick
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
yeah man thats what musicians do we help each other out for the greater good, I've lent my gear out heaps of times and borrowed a fair bit aswell. It's all swings and roundabouts man
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Sure, its just $200? You aren't exactly gambling high. Worst comes to worse he pays you for a new amp.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Yeah I told him I would (I honostly want to) but my parents made it out like I just made a huge mistake and I got really unsure. I guess I will......
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

You only paid $200 and it's your main amp? That's pitiful. I'm guessing it's a piece if crap anyway, so it shouldn't really be that important.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
It's a Vox ad30vt and yes maybe it's no JCM 900 but I can't really afford much else... it's a good amp though and I don't see any reason for calling it a peice of crap.

If you are worried something might happen to it and he might not pay you back "borrow" something of his worth about $250 so that if he want that object back the amp better come back in good condition.
Quote by Smokey Amp
You only paid $200 and it's your main amp? That's pitiful. I'm guessing it's a piece if crap anyway, so it shouldn't really be that important.

Because everyone is good enough and has enough money to fund an expsensive amp.

Lol, I dont care, I just love making people look like bigger asses than me
Its harder than it looks
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
It's a Vox ad30vt and yes maybe it's no JCM 900 but I can't really afford much else... it's a good amp though and I don't see any reason for calling it a peice of crap.

Honestly, I've never seen an amp under $200 worth buying unless they're in some kind of sale. The ad30vt isn't so bad actually, I just assumed you had something a lot worse than that. Besides, I have a really shit amp too. My point was that you shouldn't be too apprehensive about lending it out because it's not too expensive and he did say he'd cover the cost of any damages.

I apologise for insulting your amp.

Quote by Dr. Gonzo Slash
Because everyone is good enough and has enough money to fund an expsensive amp.

As I said above, I have a terrible amp. That wasn't my point, though.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 8, 2007,
It's cool and yeah I wanted to lend it to him that is what musicians do, my parents said other wise but i'll ignore them on this one.

Edit: We're cool Smokey.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
It's cool and yeah I wanted to lend it to him that is what musicians do, my parents said other wise but i'll ignore them on this one.

Edit: We're cool Smokey.

If you get scammzored though your parents will hate you forever and give you up for adoption rather than saying "I told you so"
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Or they'll say I told you so, i'd rather be put up for adoption, seriously if my amp gets ****ed and my parents know, they'll just give me the look.

First off when the **** did I say I wasn't letting him use it.

And second what in your right mind makes you think i'm a dick, for being nervous about handing away my only amp?

Quote by zeppelinpage4
First off when the **** did I say I wasn't letting him use it.

And second what in your right mind makes you think i'm a dick, for being nervous about handing away my only amp?

He is using it for a show. Relax, a amp is meant to be played.
Sorry i'm just a bit overworked/under the weather at the moment, I thought you were calling me a dick for no reason. But I see what you mean and that's why I did plan on letting him borrow it. I just got a bit nervous about the idea and thought about consulting UG.