hello i want a marshall head. i play classic rock, rock, a little metal, and need clean to. im choosing between the jcm900, the dsl100, or the tsl100. witch is best for me?
Personally, I'd go for the JCM900. You play the same stuff as I do. I was looking into them a while back. But, I gave up on trying to get one.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
thank you i think i will get it but are marshall cabs worth it? if they have celestions in it and you could get like a diff brand cab with the same speakers for cheaper what one should i get?(4x12)
I'd go for the standard 1960 Marshall cab in order to truly do that head justice.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Dude, Marshall cabs are always worth it. It's not just the speakers. Like Zakk Wylde says, if it says Marshall on it, you can't go wrong.
Quote by which ones pink
Dude, Marshall cabs are always worth it. It's not just the speakers. Like Zakk Wylde says, if it says Marshall on it, you can't go wrong.

COUGH

The overdrive is slamming
Teh DistorTion is crushIng!1!

END COUGH

(to make it back to topic)

I dont really know much about the other amps, but the JCM900 is a great amp, best for older style metal I suppose (as thats what most people say) but I think you can probably get most styles out of that head.

Also, a standard marshall 1960 cab will do great for it.
Funny, this thread was created for this exact reason.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by which ones pink

Shut up and dont post that crap here. Seriously.

And please dont make any reference to what Zakk Wylde says. Hes a wh0re.

Anyways, the JCM900 Hi-Gain Dual Reverb would be perfect for you, IMO. The industry standard 1960A (or B) cab is really a great all around cab.
Try out a few JCM900s, JCM800s and maybe a DSL50
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Shut up and dont post that crap here. Seriously.

And please dont make any reference to what Zakk Wylde says. Hes a wh0re.

haha. He is. And yes, please look at the marshall table, people put a lot of time and effort into making it so there wouldn't be posts like this. Not trying to be mean or anything.

Back on topic:
Yeah, the JCM would be perfect for you.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by R_H_C_P
Try out a few JCM900s, JCM800s and maybe a DSL50

the stores website closest to me only has a jcm800 vintage. is that the only jcm800 because when i was lookin at the marshall table i like the jcm800 better then the 900 but the vintage is $500 more. is that the only jcm 800?
There are reissues that Marshall is still making, then there are the ones from the 80's that you can probably only get used. The reissues are only the single-channel version, but you can get single- and dual-channel used.