hey. can anybody help me out. What are the opposing sides on video game violence and what can be a solution or compromise between the two sides.. thanks.
youre an idiot if you cant answer that question....
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
youre an idiot if you cant answer that question....

i jus want to noe ways that the two sides can compromise
we can make all of the games that have violence in them that kids would want to try to recreate in real life M games and have it so you can only buy it if youre 18 or older, or something like that
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Well one side says it has a negative influence on kids behaviors

and the other group says

So what everyone needs to do is
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
some senator is a really big about video game violence... go onto gamespot.com and look up the game Bully. There was a real big fight about whether that game should be realeased.
Kill all those mother ****ers that think video game violence has a negative effect GTA style mother****a
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
we can make all of the games that have violence in them that kids would want to try to recreate in real life M games and have it so you can only buy it if youre 18 or older, or something like that

doesnt that already exist. ESRB rating system. there are even laws trying to be passed saying selling M games to minor is illegal.
Quote by Metal-X
Well one side says it has a negative influence on kids behaviors

and the other group says

So what everyone needs to do is

Gotta say, that caught me off guard.

[Dave]dit:
Quote by human-blasphamy
Kill all those mother ****ers that think video game violence has a negative effect GTA style mother****a

Sure, prove their point. That'll show the hell out of them
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Feb 8, 2007,
no im saying ALL games with violence be M, not just the extremely violent ones
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by apbumsta
doesnt that already exist. ESRB rating system. there are even laws trying to be passed saying selling M games to minor is illegal.

exactly. so you just answered your own question. the only thing they can really do besides slap ratings on games would be to censor certain material and not allow games to be made with certain undesirable elements of violence, language and sexuality, which would be a violation of the first amendment.

what we have right now with ratings is only compromise that is constitutionally viable, the only reason some people are still whining about it is because they're too dumb to find something productive to do.
Last edited by vantage4 at Feb 8, 2007,
Quote by vantage4
exactly. so you just answered your own question. the only thing they can really do besides slap ratings on games would be to censor certain material and not allow games to be made with certain undesirable elements of violence, language and sexuality, which would be a violation of the first amendment.

I predict that in less than 50 years, the first amendment will be ineffective, completely. The direction things are going in, it does indeed look like it.
vantage has it right, the ratings system is really the only thing that could possibly limit people's ability to purchase the games, but since the ESRB is an industry run board, not a government run office or what have you, its pretty hard to push any kind of legislation banning the sale of M-Rated games to minors on a basis similar to the sale of say, Alcohol or Cigarettes. really, these people that think video games cause violence, have never touched so much as one of the "Shoot the duck get a free XBOX" ads floating ontop of almost every webpage you go to these days. as Nil put it, they just need to "STFU NOOB". all in all, video games are always gonna be an "underground" ideal, despite their mainstream commercial success, because they arent nearly as acessible as say a movie or a book. It's this problem that causes idiot lawyers like Jack Thompson, or senators/presidential candidates John McCain and Hillary Clinton to criticize our beloved virtual entertainment, knowing nothing about it in the first place.
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
i think violence in video games if ****ing AWESOME. if i DIDN'T get to run around and shoot people in the face in my FPS games, then i probably WOULD go and murder somebody. would your rather i kill all the stupid people in the world, or just pwn the crap out of them in a video game (and then let master shake or carl make fun of them for me with HLSS).

"cuz you know what? it's almost HEADSHOT time!!!"
DETHKLOK RULZ!
thats why we have ratings.

video games dont make people kill people...

Stupidity Does.
Anyone who opposes violent videogames has never played one. There extreme fun, and its not like we got lots of 7 yr olds playing Gears of War and GTA, so it isn't really hurting anyone.
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
And you might say, "Well in the Columbine massacre those two kids got inspired to kill by videogames" but if your messed up enough to think its okay to bring a gun to school and shoot everybody, it's not videogames that did that to you. You were probably traumatized and abused at a young age, by parents or classmates or somebody, it wasn't videogames that made you think "hey lets shoot people!"

Sorry 'bout the psychology lesson there.
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
Video games don't make me violent AND I WILL KILL ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.