so i am thinking about getting new pickups for my Ibanez RG321, pretty much the main reason is that my bridge pickup is fcuked, i lost the spring because the screw came out and so now my pickup is just kind of not in there. so i thought that i might as well get a new one.

So my question is what is good for a nice solid metal tone, some nice chunk to it but has some nice highs?

I have heard the EMG's are good and i was looking at the Dimebucker, so just any input would be great.

emgs! stop thinking, just go on the emg site, pick 2 pups n buy them. u cant go wrong with active emgs. if you prefer mostly highs, high sounding riffs and no strong bluesy lows, get the 81 set. if you like somewhere in between (or both) get the wakk wylde set, n if u prefer heavier, fuller sounding lows n riffs, get a 60 and an 81. the 60/81 will sound alot like the guitars u will hear on load/reload metallica albums for the cleans.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
Quote by Andras5soul
emgs! stop thinking, just go on the emg site, pick 2 pups n buy them. u cant go wrong with active emgs. if you prefer mostly highs, high sounding riffs and no strong bluesy lows, get the 81 set. if you like somewhere in between (or both) get the wakk wylde set, n if u prefer heavier, fuller sounding lows n riffs, get a 60 and an 81. the 60/81 will sound alot like the guitars u will hear on load/reload metallica albums for the cleans.

ok i dude i will take a look, thanks for the help.
Wow Andras5Soul, you sure as hell know your EMGs...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by Andras5soul

^Pfft. OR you could invest a little time into checking out seymourduncan.com and probably find something that will work just as well as any EMG pickup, WITHOUT having to go active (you'll have to buy 9V batteries for as long as the pickups last). I have guitars with EMGs and Duncans, and I like both a lot, I'm just saying do some research before you buy anything.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
EMGs are great (i have them in most of my guitars) but if you are planning on doing the wireing your self you might wanna stay passive. the Dimebucker is just decent, if you really want dime's tone get a bill lawrence XL-500, thats what dime had in all of his personal guitars. Trust me, i know pantera tone, and i know that The EMGs OR the Bill Lawrence will sound equally badass.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
As far as users go, lisagabe is sub par at best

my gear:

Ibanez SA260, EMG pups, Original Floyd, and Schaller locking tuners tuners

5150 III 4x12 Cab

LOOKING FOR NEW TUBE HEAD!!!!
P.M. If your selling one!!!
Active EMG pickups cost a lot of money. Also, you have to replace the batteries every month or so. They're great if you can afford them.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
^ This is the first time i've ever seen anyone recommend the Dimebucker, say it's not going to get Abbott's tone, recommending the XL-500, AND EMGs.

*high five*
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ This is the first time i've ever seen anyone recommend the Dimebucker, say it's not going to get Abbott's tone, recommending the XL-500, AND EMGs.

*high five*

Yeah, the Dimebucker is a total pile of sh*t. Way too much treble, and virtually no low end. Dime would probably never have endorsed it if Seymour Duncan didn't pay him a sh*tgrip of money.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Quote by Quantonyne
so with the batteries for the EMG's, where do those go, i assume in the back with all the other electronics?

Yeah, if there's enough room.
Do whatever ya want with pickups, but just stay away from the Dimebucker. Maybe if we can spread the word to just continually boycott the Dimebucker, they'll stop making it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, if there's enough room.
Do whatever ya want with pickups, but just stay away from the Dimebucker. Maybe if we can spread the word to just continually boycott the Dimebucker, they'll stop making it.

is it THAT bad....i read that unless you have a noise gate you will get uncontrollable feedback....thats a bad thing.

So looking at Seymour Duncans, which are the best to get, for a relatively not expensive addition?
Quote by Quantonyne
is it THAT bad....i read that unless you have a noise gate you will get uncontrollable feedback....thats a bad thing.

I don't know about the feedback, but they're just not good pickups. Both the Dimebucker and the Invader just eat at your clarity.

Quote by Quantonyne
So looking at Seymour Duncans, which are the best to get, for a relatively not expensive addition?

Hmm...You might want to check out the Seymour Duncan SH-11. Nice smoth mids, and a sweet top end of the sound spectrum. It's an aggressive pickup - so it'll definitely give you that chunk you're looking for. I have its brother, the SH-5 Duncan Custom, and I get a nice, heavy, thick palm mute from it. As for as neck pickups....If you want versatility, for some nice warm cleans, check out the SH-2 Jazz. Yeah, it's called Jazz, but it's notes ring really clearly, and they're nice warm clean tones.
dimarzios are worth a look aswell???

www.dimarzio.com

select the pickup chooser at the bottom if you need some ideas.

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
so i am thinking about getting new pickups for my Ibanez RG321, pretty much the main reason is that my bridge pickup is fcuked, i lost the spring because the screw came out and so now my pickup is just kind of not in there. so i thought that i might as well get a new one.

So, missing spring = new pickups??? You aren't one of these wealthy sheiks who buys a new car every time the ashtray fills up are you? Get a new spring and a new screw if you've lost that to, then spend your hard earned cash on a decent amp instead, unless you really do have money to burn. Pickups con't mean zip if you have a pants amp, they're only ever as good as the rest of the rig.

I don't know about the feedback, but they're just not good pickups. Both the Dimebucker and the Invader just eat at your clarity.

CHOMP!
Dimebucker-----> <-----Mr Clarity
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com