but im just gonna say it. i usually pretend to be happy in front of people cause i dont want to be a bring-downer you know. people think im a really happy person and that i enjoy life. thing is i dont. well i mean i enjoy life and all that it has to offer and everything its just that the past 4 or 5 months, no matter how much i play guitar or hang out with friends its seems that i just cant get happy. mainly when im at home without any friends or anything. im extremely depressed. not suicidal or anything freakin crazy like that, im not daffy or anything. i just cant seem to get happy, maybe cause im feeling lonely or whatever i just dont know what it is.

is there anyway to get over this kind of thing without anti-depressants or anything? This is actually serious so if you guys can ( even though this is the pit ) please give serious or helpful answers.
It seems like you need more alone- chill out time. Making yourself hangout with friends and playing guitar are not helping, just chill out and let the passion of doing stuff go naturally.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Man, how many of these threads in the past few weeks?

Why is no-one happy?
ಥ_ಥ
I'm kinda like that. Most of the time I'm just melancholy. The way I see it; if there's nothing making you happy, what's wrong with not showing it? It's not depression or anything.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Find something that makes you happy. Buttsecks?
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
It seems like you need more alone- chill out time. Making yourself hangout with friends and playing guitar are not helping, just chill out and let the passion of doing stuff go naturally.

Nah that's not the solution.

What you need is a girlfriend, trust me.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I listen to music. Somewhere is a song that fits your mood so perfectly that it gives you chills. That really makes me feel better about things.
The Space Farmer and Co-Founding Bastardo of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
im the opposite of you, i havent been hanging out w/ my friends at all in the last month and the same for me, except im not depressed, just my group of friends is lazy. sry im no help
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Funny, dude. I have the same issue.

I carry on this whole facade of 'la-de-da, I'm John and I'm funny and loud and always happy' but I kind of strongly dislike almost all of the people I hang out with and I am getting so fed up with people in general. I guess my problem is less depression than frustration, but that's not to say I've never been depressed. I have, and it come and goes. As far as practical advice - do something. The part of the brain that is stimulated by the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment after a job well done, is the same one in which activity is suppressed in depressed people. The cure for depression is to do something, and this has worked for me in the past.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
actually i have a solution. watch a few episodes of chappelles show ( not even joking or being a dick) that will make anyone crack up and be happy
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by arsonite
Man, how many of these threads in the past few weeks?

Why is no-one happy?

I blame winter.
Cold sucks.
Spiral Out
im kind of weird like that but sort of opposite.... i just generally dont give a shit. Sometimes i act super happy, sometimes i act cynical and bitchy. But either way i just have a general meh feeling. Dont get me wrong im not depressed or anything and i like my life its just kinda.... meh
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
go work out. it sounds like you're bored. also just because you're not always in a happy mood doesn't mean you're not a happy person. haha this sounds really pessimistic, but nobody should be that happy all the time.
Hell it was 70 degrees yesterday. It barely got up to 40 today :'( That will depress any man.

My suggestion is to start exercising. I been feeling like crap all winter so my friend called me over got me a membership to the Y. I started using their gym equipment and after a week I started feeling sore, but mentally I started feeling good. Hope it works for u
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
actually i have a solution. watch a few episodes of chappelles show ( not even joking or being a dick) that will make anyone crack up and be happy

yeah ive tried tv and i watch that regularly. but i still dont find myself getting in any better mood. I think my problem is a need to get laid or something. but i gotta find some girl to get laid with.

or maybe something else is my problem. all i know is that i DONT need another girlfriend at the moment. all this high school drama bull gets on my nerves so bad sometimes. meh, maybe some party or something might cheer me up.
same here, everyone that i thought liked me at one time apparently hates me and wants nothing to do with me. people wont look me in the eye when they talk to me, when they talk to me. its been pissing me off.

we need a " The Official I hate the world Thread"
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
i need people to hang out with.

*watches as the room of people leave*

Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
but im just gonna say it. i usually pretend to be happy in front of people cause i dont want to be a bring-downer you know. people think im a really happy person and that i enjoy life. thing is i dont. well i mean i enjoy life and all that it has to offer and everything its just that the past 4 or 5 months, no matter how much i play guitar or hang out with friends its seems that i just cant get happy. mainly when im at home without any friends or anything. im extremely depressed. not suicidal or anything freakin crazy like that, im not daffy or anything. i just cant seem to get happy, maybe cause im feeling lonely or whatever i just dont know what it is.

is there anyway to get over this kind of thing without anti-depressants or anything? This is actually serious so if you guys can ( even though this is the pit ) please give serious or helpful answers.
the very same situation happened to me about a month ago... and I don't know what I changed but I'm not depressed anymore!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Well, here's my humble opinion--YOU are the problem. Stop relying on everyone and everything else to lift you up. Get a new hobby, start an exercise routine, or get in touch with yourself in some other way. YOU have to do it. Now, I'm not attacking you, GOD*OF*ROCK, this is just how I see it. Your post just tells me that you have been subconsciously expecting everyone else to shake you out of apathy. You say that it mostly/only affects you when your friends aren't around, right? Well, you're setting yourself up to get knocked down, my friend. You have grown so accustomed to hanging out with your friends all the time that when they are gone or not available, you get depressed. No offense, but people are going to come in and out of your life...on a daily basis... forever, and if you let it take this big of a toll on you now, you'll really be up sh*t creek when the real world knocks on your door. I don't believe in "clinical depression". It's an excuse for people to pout, have long spells of immature temper tantrums, and be total dicks to those around them. You need to develop something you can immerse yourself in to make yourself happy. If guitar isn't cutting it, keep looking for something else. None of us can help with that part. I apologize in advance if I sounded like an ass, but I'm only trying to help.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
Quote by breadfan82
Well, here's my humble opinion--YOU are the problem. Stop relying on everyone and everything else to lift you up. Get a new hobby, start an exercise routine, or get in touch with yourself in some other way. YOU have to do it. Now, I'm not attacking you, GOD*OF*ROCK, this is just how I see it. Your post just tells me that you have been subconsciously expecting everyone else to shake you out of apathy. You say that it mostly/only affects you when your friends aren't around, right? Well, you're setting yourself up to get knocked down, my friend. You have grown so accustomed to hanging out with your friends all the time that when they are gone or not available, you get depressed. No offense, but people are going to come in and out of your life...on a daily basis... forever, and if you let it take this big of a toll on you now, you'll really be up sh*t creek when the real world knocks on your door. I don't believe in "clinical depression". It's an excuse for people to pout, have long spells of immature temper tantrums, and be total dicks to those around them. You need to develop something you can immerse yourself in to make yourself happy. If guitar isn't cutting it, keep looking for something else. None of us can help with that part. I apologize in advance if I sounded like an ass, but I'm only trying to help.

no actually you helped a lot man. thx. i think im gonna go join a gym or something and get buff again like i used to be. i was always a little happier then with all the attention from girls and such.
Watch stand up. Get Dane Cook or Jim Gaffigan or Carlos Mencia. If you dont laugh at them then resort to buttsecks. (For real on the comedians though)
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
listen to the blues
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

I actually have the same thing. Don't want to see a psychiatrist though so I ignore it. But yeah nothing really makes me happy. And I pretty much lack emotion to. Not suicidal cause I figure what would make being dead any better then being alive. It's probably the same thing as when your living.
What's up?
I used to be kind of like that and everyone would come to me and whine about their worthless lives. I pretty much got sick of all the ungreatful bastards and now I act like I actually feel and couldn't really give a damn about anyone. People don't get it and still whine to me, but now I make them feel awful about their unappreciation of life.
I guess the best advice is to act out on how you feel.
Quote by Embodiment
I used to be kind of like that and everyone would come to me and whine about their worthless lives. I pretty much got sick of all the ungreatful bastards and now I act like I actually feel and couldn't really give a damn about anyone. People don't get it and still whine to me, but now I make them feel awful about their unappreciation of life.
I guess the best advice is to act out on how you feel.

Yeah I think what we people have is called being misanthropic.Probably misanthropic, apathetic, and nihilistic.
What's up?
I have to agree with Breadfan on this .

If you can't be happy alone or love your own company, how can you be truly happy with others or love being around them? Sounds a little weird but this is what I think. I'm not a big fan of the "depression" craze myself. Personally I think it's a bunch of hooey. Sure I know people get depressed, but it's nothing they can't change themselves with a bit of mindset tweaking .

For what it's worth, they did a study out at UCLA a while back where they took about a dozen clinically depressed people (one women even claimed being depressed in her sleep! Lol.). All of these people had been depressed for years, had been going to psychologists and psychiatrists and had pretty much been on every anti-depressant around! Well, what they did was they had them come in every day for twelve weeks and stand in front of a mirror and smile the biggest smile they possibly coould for 20 minutes straight. At the end of the 12 weeks, all the subjects were no longer depressed, off their medication and were only now going to the psychologists for follow ups to see how the progress went.

What happened? Well, they changed their mindset and more importantly, they changed their self-image!! Before, and for years, they had seen themselves as a holess case of depression, spiraling out of control. And the miracle of the subconcious is, whatever you tell it, it obeys . Get sad and depressed and dwell on it and you become more depressed. You start to think of yourself as a person with depression, you focus on it, and you become what you focus on. So basically, they were giving their brain a new image to focus on. They were reprograming their brains to see themselves as a ridiculously happy person!

Now do I suggest you stand in front of a mirror 20 minutes a day with a goofy grin? Lol. No! But just get happy man! Start thinking more positively and when you get down, don't allow the thoughts in. You'll get them, but immediately flush em out, get up and go do something that makes you smile . Play guitar, throw on an awesome album that is just very upbeat, something, anything! You just gotta change your mindset because it's painfully obvious that you see yourself, or at least starting to see yourself, as a depression case. And that's just gonna lead to more depression.

Smile!
The Vice President of DALF
Discrimination Against Left-handers Federation "A group FOR lefThanded players."

"Go where the climate suits my clothes."-Jerry Garcia
i actually am an optimistic person all-around, we all have some days that just dont go good, but you jus gotta keep on truckin bro, yea goin to the gym is a good idea, i go 6 days a week and it really helps you unwind and get rid of stress, and after you work out it releases like dopamine or one of those -mines that makes you feel good too, and parties dude they are really fun i dont know any who doesnt hav fun at parties, even if you dont drink or whatever try to go to parties you meet chicks and stuff they are tight, and yea even just meeting new chicks should make anyone happy bro, i hope ive helped ya out
Quote by Metal-X
Nah that's not the solution.

What you need is a girlfriend, trust me.

Yeah I agree. I was like that a year ago, then I hooked up with my now ex-girlfriend, and I was right as rain. Although the bitch cheated on me and ended up just pissing me off