i'm fairly new at soloing, the most impressive one i can do is kirks solo in master of puppets, but i want to...no, i need to, write some of my own for my band's songs. does anyone know which scales matt or corey solo in? i really like triviums sound at the moment and would like to improv around with the same scales they use. unless its too many to list, i dont know. cheers.
D minor =] but its nice to learn other scales of the same key an use those too, like harmonic/melodic minor.. i love the sound of the diminished scale an thats a simple one to master
Lol d minor, the saddest of all keys
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
and minors... and pentatonics...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

Well, this may/may not be usefull. I don't know how much of a theory wiz you are. But keep your mind open please. Kirk Hammett was very influential on those two guys (the whole band Metallica were, but them especially). I read in an interview that he used a flatted second and I think a sharp fourth. Use those when you solo, and experiment around a bit. So, identify your key and try those when composing. I'll see if I can find the link.

Okay, here:
http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/Interviews/kirkus_maximus_1996.htm
There. I hope it helps a bit. I advise reading the whole thing though. You may find something that inspires you a bit in the whole thing. Anyway, PM me with your thoughts please?

Edit: Fixed
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Last edited by Page&HammettFan at Feb 12, 2007,
Okay, sorry. I fixed the link. Hope it helps.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
in guitar world as of late, Trivium has a special column.

alot of their stuff is natural minors or penatonics.

iunno, if i were you, id look into modes moreso then the 'popular scales.