Hi everyone, I've been trying to do volume blooms on single sustained notes, and I have a problem: my tone crackles on/off when I turn the volume knob. My friend told me its because my amp isn't good enough, but it's not when I turn it high, it's whenever I turn it. Is this my amp problem? Or maybe my guitar's problem? Either way can I fix it?

Your guitar has dirty pots and you can get a kind of cleaner designed for electronics that should fix it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Yep, a non-residue aerosol cleaner.
Charvel/Jackson 3B Bass
Jackson CMG Bass
Ibanez BTB575FM 5-String Bass
Vintage 70s Ampeg V9 SVT/ Ampeg 8x10 Cab
Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster

Angelus Mortem
This is a simple problem of corrosion in whats called the "pot", the electrical mechanism of the volume knob. If the corrosion is light or moderate, then there are sprays you can get at either electronics supply stores or at something like guitar center that will take care of it (ask for pot cleaner, or something along those lines. they should know what you mean). The spray will only do so much, though, so if the corrosion is bad, then you'll need to replace the pot. A replacement pot shouldn't be more than a couple bucks or so, and it's not a difficult job if you know how to sodder wires. If not, a guitar store should be able to do it.
Oh, Gravedigger,
When you dig my grave,
Could you make it shallow,
So i could feel the rain?
Would this work on a crakly volume pot on an amp?

Quote by emad
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
^Yes, but as you said, it happens when you turn your guitar nob, just open the back and spray the silver round thingy (pot). There should be a hole in the pot for this. use electrical contact cleaner
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!