hey guys, look this has been a rough week for me, my grandpa, who I hung out with and did almost everything with died on tuesday. I really don't know what to do without him because we did so much together, and I just want to hear what everyone thinks, this is hard for me so just tell me how you got through something like this or just anything it's greatly appreciated

R.I.P. Larry Reimer 1939-2007
Hang out with family and friends more. I know what you feel like (kind of) but don't be too hard on yourself. Was his death somewhat expected?
wow he really wasn't that old, sorry dude. that kind of thing is really tough, it's alright to be down for a while but don't use it as an excuse for anything, just make peace and do your best.
Oh my god.......

I really can't believe it. Crazy internet it just so happens I'm a Reimer too....

My condolances.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
Oh my god.......

I really can't believe it. Crazy internet it just so happens I'm a Reimer too....

My condolances.

i know your name.... hehe cool name

Dude sorry for you RIP
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Last edited by Dimebag22 at Feb 9, 2007,
me and my grandpa were the same way, he passed over a year ago now, i still refuse to realize it. its hard. i regret not seeing him more towards the end, but no one knew it was coming, it just happened out of the blue. sorry man
Quote by Dimebag22
ARSONEDIT: *Coolest name on earth and UG doesn't need to know it lol* . cool name

Dude sorry for you RIP

Oh noes!!! Now you know my full name.

ಥ_ಥ
Last edited by arsonite at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by stayalive#55
hey guys, look this has been a rough week for me, my grandpa, who I hung out with and did almost everything with died on tuesday. I really don't know what to do without him because we did so much together, and I just want to hear what everyone thinks, this is hard for me so just tell me how you got through something like this or just anything it's greatly appreciated

R.I.P. Larry Reimer 1939-2007

My mom died last week. She was 48 years old. I buried her not 4 days ago now.

You survive by crying when you need to, laughing whenever you can, and taking solace in the people around you that you love. It also helps to tell funny or good stories about the person. The rest just takes time. Hell, today I sat at work with tears running down my face because I couldn't get myself to erase her screen names from my AIM or Yahoo, or take her number out of my cell phone.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by arsonite
Oh noes!!! Now you know my full name.

i am teh int3rnet stalker!!!!!
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Go out and buy a puppy, and name it Larry(that was your grandpas name right?). It will be your grandfather's reincarnated soul. I'm serious to.. When you hang out with that puppy, you'll be reminded of hanging out with your grandpa.
Stop taking life so seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway.
yeah it was really unexpected, but he always said that if he made ir to 70, he'd live to be a hundred. The wake was today, and it really hurt to see him in the casket, but some of my best friends that had met him once or twice were there, and they really cheered me up, so thanx to all of you out here, you've really helped me out, and dirk gently dude that really sux, and I don't know exactly what it's like to lose a parent, I know closely what you are feeling. She died on my birthday too, just saying good luck on keepin out there in the world, and remember to live life as it should be.
I know what you're going through man. My grandfather passed away last August. You're lucky one two occasions: That you got to know your grandfather. Mine live in Halixaz, I live in Ontario, and also that he was healthy. My grandfather had Alzheimers and for the last few weeks of his life he didnt even recognize my grandmother.

And to the guy who lost his mother. I almost cried reaading your post, I can't begin to imagine if something like that happened at this stage in my life. You're honestly a hero for going through this man, like I don't know what to say. I'm sorry.