Yes, it's nice. Haha, but the best thing about it is the nice double wood color shit of course.
i dont know about that one but the greatest bass i ever played was a schecter bass in guitar center i forgot the name of it though.
I just wish they made guitars with that kind of a neck it was so dam smooth..
i own a schecter stilleto studio-4 and it is by far the best bass i've played under $1000(US)

having said that i highly approve of your choice not only because i like schecters but it has a 35" neck(which my Dean 5-string does not) and that does add a lot of tension to the B string. almost feels like playing a rather thick E string to me. I'd say go for it and good choice.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I played one of those at Guitar Center and they are amazing. Sounds amazing, awesome tone...great for slapping. EMG's and neck-thru construction. What else do you need? I'm planning on getting one soon. Good luck though, I was going to get one last summer but they didn't ever get any in. They would always move up the due date, after about 4 months of that I just go my ESP. Too bad. I see they now have a due date up for it once again, I highly doubt they will be in when it says but maybe you will get lucky.
I haven't played it, but Schecter electric guitars are great, I prefer them to Ibanez.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
I own one as my primary bass, and i LOVE it. For the price, it can't be beaten. It's able to compete with basses twice the price.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Where's Fett13?

Yeah we need him here! They are REALLY nice basses to play and sound awesome!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Fett is a Schecter shareholder, i swear it !

he will make you buy one in a second.

But seriously, Schecter make decent basses for the price, you wont be dissapointed. I own a Custom, and they're good, and the Stilletos are better.
What's the weight like? I might be interested in one if they're not too heavy.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Where's Fett13?

Quote by indie-bassist
Yeah we need him here! They are REALLY nice basses to play and sound awesome!

Quote by Applehead
Fett is a Schecter shareholder, i swear it! he will make you buy one in a second.

You rang?

*cracks knuckles, does some stretches*

Custom 5 eh? This is an easy one. You've got your EMG-HZ pickups, two-band EQ so you're set on the electronics. You've got the S-tek bridge which is arguably on of the sturdiest bridges out there. You've got the 35'' scale which really helps on the 5-string's clarity. You've got a dead sexy shape and color (with matching headstock no less). You also have a really thin neck, possibly the single thinest neck I've ever played (applies to both 4- and 5-string versions). You've got the Scechter name and quality behind it. And all this for under $600? What more could you want. /end salesman pitch

Seriously though, Schecter makes great basses. I myself have an Elite-4 (top of the Stiletto line) and would never replace it. It is extremely comfortable, has an incredible range of sounds, and is extremely well built. Depending on your strings, you can get anywhere from a deep, rumbling bottom end to a range of mids and highs that brings a sound reminiscient of a Rickenbacker. You can really do a lot with that EQ and those pickups.

The S-tek bridge has a design unlike any I've ever seen. It has four seperate, self contained, sections connected only by a thin strip of metal inlayed into the body. The beauty of this is that when you adjust the tuning of one string, it has little or no effect on the others. It also makes for some great sustain.

As for the neck, I doubt you'll find one thinner. The 5-string is one even I can play, and I have trouble playing 4-string p-basses.

Now, if you have a little more money than that, and you want just that much more quality, you might want to look into the Elite-5. It is essentially the same bass, except it has neck-through construction and, as far as I'm concerned, comes in the single sexiest color known to man - Black Cherry With Gold Hardware (yes, it was completely necessary to capitalize all of those). Either way, you're getting a great bass, i just prefer the Elite.

Quote by Forced In
What's the weight like? I might be interested in one if they're not too heavy.

~8.5 lbs, so pretty light. Your average Fender Jazz weighs 9.5lbs for reference. (Note: 4-string compared to 4-string. 5 stings is going to be slightly heavier, not sure how much)

Oh, but how could I forget?
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Last edited by Fett13 at Feb 9, 2007,
/thread. because Schecterman approved.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I played the Stiletto Studio-5 at GC once, and I really liked it. Flexible tone, and pretty comfortable to play
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by SpedGangster
Has anyone out here played a Schecter Stiletto bass? Well here's a link, sorry for not making it actually work.

EDIT: It works :P

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom5-Bass?sku=513050

i have that bass. It is amazing. It plays amazing, sounds amazing, and everything about it is amazing. whether you play metal or funk it is the bass for any genre

edit- i see fett already beat me to a review, but still this bass is awesome and it will not ever let you down. It is just an amazing bass.