hi, i am in a metal band and i use a jackson. My band is tryin to cover more Slayer,Pantera,Shadows Fall,Etc... bands that use floyd rose and wammy bars. My guitar is perfet for me except for the fact i dont have a floyd rose. How much would it cost for me to get a floyd custom built into my guitar.

Heres my guitar.. check it out please let me know.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMGTBCS-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-WEMG?sku=512248

Thanks
You are better off selling that guitar and buying another soloist with a floyd in it. Costs to get a floyd installed are really high and tune-o-matic guitars aren't made for floyds. You're gonna have to have a huge hole drilled in your guitar, neck adjusted ect.

Waste of time and money to get a floyd installed...

Sorry I wasnt much help was I?
Quote by holywars56
but i like everything on the guitar.. neck,pickups,color.. like how much would it cost just to get a floyd installed? $500?

Honestly I don't know how much. But good luck finding someone that will do that first of all. Ask around, someone here should know. But i'd say around $300-500

EDIT: Get an Original Floyd Rose sine those bands do some crazy whammy stuff. One of those cheap knockoffs would probably break sooner or later.
Last edited by soul_taker at Feb 9, 2007,
So it'd cost him about $300 for the floyd and $500 for the fitting, just get another guitar and put EMGs in it I know a lot of jacksons like that have floyds.
Quote by holywars56
but i like everything on the guitar.. neck,pickups,color.. like how much would it cost just to get a floyd installed? $500?

you can get a dinky w/ a fylod.
same stats as yours now.
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
500 for the installation, to do it professionally you have lot of routing to do, takes alot of time and effort. plus a OFR costs around 200 with taxes.

and yeah, just a jackson dinky with a floyd. mines awesome!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club