So I just finished watching the movie Donnie Darko (incredible movie IMO) and it got me thinking about time travel.

I just started reading "A Brief History of Time", and I was wondering if there were any other good books or movies (fiction/non-fiction) on the subject of time travel.

Also what do you guys think about time travel. Bullshit? Awesome?
I had a friend who said he could make time travel possible with corn and a book on physics.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
marty mckfly, bitch!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Sorry, can't help you. But you might want to look up that supposed "Time Traveller" that posted on the web like 7 years ago and made a big splash in the pond that was the web at the time.

Oh, and did you enjoy DD? I didn't really like it. Although everyone else seems to love it. Oh, and I didn't like your movie either
The Vice President of DALF
Discrimination Against Left-handers Federation "A group FOR lefThanded players."

"Go where the climate suits my clothes."-Jerry Garcia
Found it! http://www.johntitor.com/ .

Read through all that stuff there and check out all the links and whatnot. There's a lot of info on time travel there and mainlly through all the links and people who argued with Titor. They'd mention books and stuff in their discussions.

Hope that helps!
Discrimination Against Left-handers Federation "A group FOR lefThanded players."

**** donnie darko is the best movie i have ever seen..i love it soo much...but as much as i love it i have to say time travel is bullshit lol...
^ Lol. Haven't seen many movies have you?

I kid, I kid

pfft...

flux capacitor ftw!
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Borat
So I just finished watching the movie Donnie Darko (incredible movie IMO) and it got me thinking about time travel.

I just started reading "A Brief History of Time", and I was wondering if there were any other good books or movies (fiction/non-fiction) on the subject of time travel.

Also what do you guys think about time travel. Bullshit? Awesome?

I've trancended both time and space.

I do believe. Can we alter the past? No.
damn you terrorists. always trying to gun down the professor. good thing he pieced marty's message back together. phew..
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I couldnt get into donnie darko...

BTW "time travel" would be possible if we could use the effects of time dilation. Though its not possible to make a major time dilation at the moment because there is no man made machine which can reach a significantly close to the speed of light.

Though my physics teacher said that high speed aircraft have been flown around the earth and a time dilation has been measured between the time on earth and the time on the craft with an atomic clock. Though its only very tiny fractions of a second.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Quote by nz_matt
I couldnt get into donnie darko...

BTW "time travel" would be possible if we could use the effects of time dilation. Though its not possible to make a major time dilation at the moment because there is no man made machine which can reach a significantly close to the speed of light.

Though my physics teacher said that high speed aircraft have been flown around the earth and a time dilation has been measured between the time on earth and the time on the craft with an atomic clock. Though its only very tiny fractions of a second.

thats quite interesting
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Stephen Hawking once said that time travel was never going to be possible because someone from the future would have already visited us by now.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
marty mckfly, bitch!

thats the power of love!
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
So, if you travel fast enough, you can go back in time?

I saw something on TV, and this guy had some light in a box, and he shook the box really fast, and the light was going at a slower speed than the box. He said it was time travel...

Quote by RMC06
Stephen Hawking once said that time travel was never going to be possible because someone from the future would have already visited us by now.

But what if there isn't a future until we open it up?
Quote by RMC06

Goverment restrictions. Coverups.

In the future time travel will exist and it will be restricted to political purpose.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
marty mckfly, bitch!

you suck.

Donnie Darko is a load of crap much like mulholand drive.
A good fiction book concerning time dialation and light speed travel is Poul Anderson's Tau Zero.

-The universe next door also has layman friendly chapters in regards to entropy and other theoretical hypothesis.
Last edited by eternalgorias at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by RMC06

how do you know they haven't already? o_0
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by doomnight
So, if you travel fast enough, you can go back in time?

I saw something on TV, and this guy had some light in a box, and he shook the box really fast, and the light was going at a slower speed than the box. He said it was time travel...

But what if there isn't a future until we open it up?

no, you go foward in time-

Our greatest time traveler so far is cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev, who orbited the earth for 748 days in 3 space flights, with the result that he is about 1/50th of a second younger than he would have been if he had stayed home. Put another way, he has journeyed about 1/50th of a second into the future.

-Time Travel in Einstein's Universe. J Richard Gott
Quote by clichealias
Goverment restrictions. Coverups.

In the future time travel will exist and it will be restricted to political purpose.

How do YOU know? You're from the future!
simply put, if it can be done, it won't be within your lifetime.
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Donnie Darko is a brilliant film but I have to admit most films that contain time travel piss me off; they're filled with so many paradoxes.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 9, 2007,
I forgot the name, some Swedish physicist or something, said that a time machine was possible to make, he even spent 20 some odd years crunching the numbers, but with the current technology we have now, it would have to be an enormously complex device that would roughly measure 1.5 times the size of the entire milky way galaxy.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Yes it is possible, fact, no debating. Read up on quantine mechanics and quantine physics. If you look at something, take for example a clock, the speed that it takes to get from where it is to your eyes is the speed of light, just think about it, if you move at the speed of light away from the clock, the light will never reach you, therefore pausing time, and if you travel faster than light you will essentially catch up to the light from before, therefore you will be travelling back in time. However, humans have not found a way to travel lightspeed or faster so it is very likely to be possible in the future, just not now.
You could argue that time travel doesn't exist because if it did, then people would have already came back, unless the past cannot be changed. And if it CAN be changed would we ever know?
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."
It's complicated to think about....

If we look at it from our present time, then the future does not yet exist, so how can someone travel back from it?

On the other hand, if we were to build a time machine right now and travel back, the people at the destination time would see us as being from the future, which to them has not been created yet.

So does that mean that every moment in time already exists?
The time traveler's wife is a good book, Donnie Darko is an overrated pile of wank.
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"