Ok i dont really like the sound of nylon strings that much. for certain songs yes. but i generally like the steel string sound a lot more. im saving up for a Martin or a Taylor(with in the next 2 years) but for now i want to add steel strings to my nylon guitar. i know that the neck will bend and stuff with out a truss rod. but if i got the lowest gauge strings possible, do you think i could pull it off? also i tune it to a low C.
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I was told that any steel string would rip your guitar apart, specially the bridge. Then again I may have been misinformed...

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
I was told that any steel string would rip your guitar apart, specially the bridge. Then again I may have been misinformed...

Pretty much you will bend and warp the neck, and rip off the bridge.

Jimtaka said in a thread that there was roughly 160 punds of pressure on the neck of a steel string guitar when tuned at standard tuning.

A nylon string guitar is not designed to take anything close to that amount of force.
Quite probably not even a third of that.
ITS CALLLED SEARCH!!!!!!! ive seen this question liek more times than any other kind of question
If you are tuning down to C and you use light strings, you might be ok but I wouldn't recomend it. If you are playing in standard tuning you will damage your guitar. It normaly takes a year or so before you start to really notice the damage but it does happen. The neck warps, the top distorts, and the bridge pulls off.
Not taking any online orders.
Try some really bright sounding classical strings, like Savarez. The Savarez I'm using have all 6 strings wound for a really bright sound, it doesn't sound like nylon at all.

What accoustic do you play?
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard