Round one, FIGHT!

Anyways, here we go.
Dean RC7

+ Insane upper fret access
+ Huge frets
+ Kickass decal and inlays
+ Awesome neck joint
+ Rusty Cooley plays it
- EMGs -- I'm not real big on active pickups. I don't like their tone.
- Made by Dean, who I'm not a big fan of.
- HH configuration, not as good as HSH
- No tone knobs

Vigier Excalibur 7 String

+ Vigier gives insane customer service
+ Zero fret
+ Carbon strip instead of truss rod
+ 2 piece body
+ Awesome quality control
+ Shawn Lane and Bumblefoot play Vigiers, Buckethead plays a Vigier bass.
+ It's rather obscure, good for the coolness factor
+ HSH Dimarzio pickups
- Less upper fret access
- Colors and inlays are meh

EDIT: Changed Vigier link to the actual Vigier Excalibur 7 String page.
Last edited by Jongpil Yun at Feb 9, 2007,
Is that even a question? Vigier, by far.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
they're both cool guitars, but completely different. what are you going for? the vigier will be useless for most music.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
they're both cool guitars, but completely different. what are you going for? the vigier will be useless for most music.

What do you mean?

(honest ignorance)
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Wow that Dean is hideous.
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
**** that i think that rc7 is ****ing sweet. i'm not even a dean fan. you talk 7's you're speaking my language.

best ones out there are the ibanez uv777 (but it's overpriced by far), the rg1527, schecter c7fr (the new jeff loomis sig), c7 hellraiser, and the carvin dc727/747, in no particular order. but i'm definately gonna have to get my hands on both that rc7 and the vigier.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
viger, dean screams "little penis" plus, im sure it isnt that great. (basing this off the USA series guitars ive played)

you will be happier with the viger.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Vigier, hands down.

The RC7 even has a licensed floyd...
thats pathetic when compared to the Vigier.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Isn't the Vigier also twice as much to buy? It should be better (and it is).
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Isn't the Vigier also twice as much to buy? It should be better (and it is).

Yah....
last time I checked Vigiers were like, starting at $3000
im sure the cooley guitar will be up there too.

and why arent you in school matt?

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
the rebel you are. . . .

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Striketalonx
Vigier, hands down.

The RC7 even has a licensed floyd...
thats pathetic when compared to the Vigier.

The vigier also has a licensed floyd.
Definitely vigier though.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Striketalonx
Yah....
last time I checked Vigiers were like, starting at $3000

Nope. Getting a used one (urban metal, rosewood fretboard) for $1800.
Quote by Scorzerci

Yah..
but thats like saying that Ibanez's ALL have Licensed Floyds...

The Vigier is an upgrade essentially,
and the Dean is a downgrade
Quote by Scorzerci

Aw man I don't like when people don't read. It has a non locking tremolo meaning a strat kind of trem.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
the Viger looks better to me.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Another vote for Vigier.

Just read the site to find out why.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Scorzerci

VIGIER> dean

Vigier actually has a Floyd Rose that's modified to pivot on ball bearings instead of knives thus increasing tuning stability and the parts virtually will NEVER wear out. Vigier for the win. I've played many Deans and Ibanez I actually own an Ibanez at the moment and Vigier will be my next buy. Shawn Lane Master Signature to be exact. They can do ANYTHING. Kickass stock pickups, tremolo, locking tuners, excellent quality, etc. The best part about Vigier is the 10/90 neck which is a carbon strip instead of a truss rod which ALSO increases tuning stability. ALSO because of this carbon strip the neck is perfectly straight and no tuning or gauge of string affects it's playability not to mention Vigier is very well known for having QUITE LITERALLY the LOWEST action a guitar could possibly have without fret buzz which btw they do the courtesy of doing for any buyer (full professional setup by trained luthiers). Dean's are an average shred guitar. Vigier is a guitar with endless possibilities. For a musician such as myself with small hands playing legato is extremely difficult with this guitar it makes playing IN GENERAL easier. The only thing you may not like is the flat neck. It's COMPLETELY flat which also contributes to the ability for such low action but if you can get used to it it's hands down the most innovative guitar available. I'd highly recommend buying one before they go big(GER). Shawn Lane Master Signatures run about $2,990 shipping and all to the US.
The dean is better
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by brandon5pennies
VIGIER> dean

Vigier actually has a Floyd Rose that's modified to pivot on ball bearings instead of knives thus increasing tuning stability and the parts virtually will NEVER wear out. Vigier for the win. I've played many Deans and Ibanez I actually own an Ibanez at the moment and Vigier will be my next buy. Shawn Lane Master Signature to be exact. They can do ANYTHING. Kickass stock pickups, tremolo, locking tuners, excellent quality, etc. The best part about Vigier is the 10/90 neck which is a carbon strip instead of a truss rod which ALSO increases tuning stability. ALSO because of this carbon strip the neck is perfectly straight and no tuning or gauge of string affects it's playability not to mention Vigier is very well known for having QUITE LITERALLY the LOWEST action a guitar could possibly have without fret buzz which btw they do the courtesy of doing for any buyer (full professional setup by trained luthiers). Dean's are an average shred guitar. Vigier is a guitar with endless possibilities. For a musician such as myself with small hands playing legato is extremely difficult with this guitar it makes playing IN GENERAL easier. The only thing you may not like is the flat neck. It's COMPLETELY flat which also contributes to the ability for such low action but if you can get used to it it's hands down the most innovative guitar available. I'd highly recommend buying one before they go big(GER). Shawn Lane Master Signatures run about $2,990 shipping and all to the US.

No need to revive a 2 year old thread though.

^lolwut.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Damn, I hate when that happens. It's when I always want to put in my $.02.

I was going to say the Dean if you shred. Nothing the Vigier offers is remotely near the super cutaway body, ultra thin neck, extra jumbo frets. The Dean is built for speed. Not to mention they're about $2800 as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The only reason the dean has a liscensed floyd rose is because it's a low profile trem, which flolyd rose doesnt make for 7 strings. However, the carbon trussrod sounds like a godsend

(^ the end of the world)
Quote by bazzabalboa
The dean is better

Could you prove your point?

Or you're just trolling around?

EDIT: Wow, what a thread revival.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by DespisedIcon at Jan 27, 2009,
Seriously this thread is f**king old stop bumping.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by DespisedIcon
Could you prove your point?

Or you're just trolling around?

He basically says that in every guitar related thread, and thinks that Deans are the best guitars ever bar none.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?