Right now, I really need a distortion pedal.
I'm tossed up between a Boss DS-2 or an MD-2, but I was wondering which overall gives better sound?

I like to play general rock, hard rock, metal and a bit of punk rock sometimes. Occasionally I do like to change over and play a bit of heavier metal, but I don't really delve into that too much.
My newbie stuff:

Ashton Acoustic (forgot model :P)
Squier Stratocaster
Fender Frontman 15R

-

Saving up for...

Vox Valvetronix ADVT50
Boss D-2 Pedal
Les Paul Studio (Wine Red)
Quote by Zhailzur
Right now, I really need a distortion pedal.
I'm tossed up between a Boss DS-2 or an MD-2, but I was wondering which overall gives better sound?

I like to play general rock, hard rock, metal and a bit of punk rock sometimes. Occasionally I do like to change over and play a bit of heavier metal, but I don't really delve into that too much.

MD-2 equals a NO-NO

It's really really muddy and sounds uber suck.

I bought one after selling my DS-1 to a friend... I then convinced them to swap... I can't believe I lost £20 out of that -_-
Okay, then.
DS2 it is. :P No change of plans then.
My newbie stuff:

Ashton Acoustic (forgot model :P)
Squier Stratocaster
Fender Frontman 15R

-

Saving up for...

Vox Valvetronix ADVT50
Boss D-2 Pedal
Les Paul Studio (Wine Red)
I'd personally go for the cheaper DS-1, I;ve got the DS-2, and I NEVER use the 2nd channel on it, and the first channel is the same as the DS-1, (probably a little bit less).

But try the ds-1 and ds-2, you may like the 2nd turbo channel on the ds-2
I have a DS-1 but I don't really use it anymore as my amp has a lot fo distortion and my multi-fx adds to it...

IMO the DS-1 has more dist than the DS-2, a lot fo my friends have the DS-2 and I just can't get a high gain sound out of them for some reason..

DS-1 I say.. The put dist on full, tone on 3-o'clock and level in the middle. Good sound

Well... What I can remember of it... :/