I really need your help! To get to any good unviersity they need a certificate in an instrument showing that you have passed an examination. Im right now in the end of the rope.

Im 16 years old, in grade 10, getting mostly A's and B's. I basically know nothing about theory. I can read tabs, but take like 10 seconds to read a note in normal notation of music (the circle and the stem).

I need to write an examination within one year, before i get into university.

I can solo play chords and everything (my fingers are developed). I basically need to improve my theory and sense of rhythm in music without hearing a song before playing it (basically understand rhythm while reading a song).

How long will it take me before i can write an exam (i basically have one year)?

What are some internationally recognized guitar examinations (like trinity)?

I need to take lessons. I used to go to guitar institutes few years ago but quit because they barely gave me attention and used to make me play song like mary had a little lamb 20 times.

Who should it take lessons from (institutes or instructors from guitar shops)?

What is the quickest approach to write the Exam?

Is there any other way to get written proof i know how to play guitar?

Thanks a lot for spending your time trying to solve my problem. Im really worried right now and have a lot of pressure coming from studies also .

Thanks again!
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Oh and can i play the exam from tabs (though its not recommended)?
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
I used to take classical examinations with trinity college ( i live in the UK). My instructor said that reading tab was generally not encouraged as with regards to classical guitar. From what i've read though you should have most of the skills to do classical guitar (although your technique might not be 'proper' lol, but thats what made me move away from classical in the end and play the guitar how I wanted)

Good luck to you
How long will it take for me to write the exam?
Quote by RHCP94

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna