Page 1 of 2
With an album called "Molesting The Decapitated", you know it's gonna be good.

Discuss

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
I know what ye mean. When i first heard Butcher The Weak I thought it was shit but it does get better the more you listen

Generic as **** but fun, brutal goodness.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I need to check em out properly.

*Band Nr 2,803 on Raise's Infinite List of Bands to Check Out*
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Devourment is great, and the lyrics are just hilarious. I still listen to them on the occasion.
Lyrics are...interesting.

Vocals are pretty fun, and just saying I'm listening to "Baby Killer" is cool.

All in all, probably won't buy to much of their music, but I would probably check a live act.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Apparently they are immense live. They don't seem to be coming in the direction of Ireland for some time

My god, I don't believe a Devourment thread was allowed to slip this far back...

As far as I am concerned, they are the quintessential template for Brutal/Slam Death. Butcher the Weak is awesome. Are they releasing any new material soon or anything?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Devourment rules. One of the most brutal bands I have ever listened to.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Definitely brutal as fuk and I really enjoy listening to them. Although I prefer Abominable Putridity over them.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Generic as **** but fun, brutal goodness.

Lul, is u serious?

Great band, "**** her head off " has some awesome drum parts.
They are going to be playing here in the summer with Hyperion, which is Eric Park's other band, and Condemned. I can't wait. It's going to be brutal.
RIP Wayne. Never liked this band though
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

they're pretty good, not my favorite brutal/slam band, but good nontheless.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Fuck Waking the Cadaver, Devourment is the definition of 'slamming gore groove.' Fun as hell.

But to be honest, I can't listen to these guys for more then 20 minutes straight . A band good in short doses.
Amazing slam/death, but like Mr. President said, it's hard to listen to for an extended amount of time.
Serial Cocksucker has the tightest groove of vocals+slamming guitars I've ever heard. I just want to beat the **** out of something when I hear it
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by matt85210
My god, I don't believe a Devourment thread was allowed to slip this far back...

As far as I am concerned, they are the quintessential template for Brutal/Slam Death. Butcher the Weak is awesome. Are they releasing any new material soon or anything?

I am pretty sure they are writing a new album, which is why they haven't been touring a lot lately.
I love Devourment. Not the most technical or innovative band ever, but their stuff is really good. I got to see them live a little while ago, since they're from a town that's only 20 minutes away from me, and they did a great job.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
I love Devourment. Not the most technical or innovative band ever, but their stuff is really good. I got to see them live a little while ago, since they're from a town that's only 20 minutes away from me, and they did a great job.

I think they are pretty innovative to the whole brutal/slam death metal genre. I mean, do you know how many Devourment rip off bands there are? There are a lot. One of them I can think of that sucks is Waking The Cadaver. They try to be like Devourment, but fail epically.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I think they are pretty innovative to the whole brutal/slam death metal genre. I mean, do you know how many Devourment rip off bands there are? There are a lot. One of them I can think of that sucks is Waking The Cadaver. They try to be like Devourment, but fail epically.

Good point, they are pretty innovative within the genre. I just meant that musically speaking and what-not, they're a pretty simple band.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Good point, they are pretty innovative within the genre. I just meant that musically speaking and what-not, they're a pretty simple band.

True, but they are a great and influential band non the less.
WOOOOO!!! Devourment. Yesh they are cool, not really into most slam death metal, more the brutal technical side, but butcher the weak is awesome. And I dont know if anyone noticed but they played a new song called fed to the pigs at the tokyo deathfest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lar0cmTVerM

Slammin'. Ace kicks though
Definitely brutal and love the heaviness but the vocals are annoying....if metal vocals start to sound like anal burps then it's too heavy for me.
Quote by Selkies921
Definitely brutal and love the heaviness but the vocals are annoying....if metal vocals start to sound like anal burps then it's too heavy for me.

Youve obviously never heard dying fetus. Or wormed. On a whole different level to DF, thats why they get their own sentence in this post.
Quote by Anooplol
Youve obviously never heard dying fetus. Or wormed. On a whole different level to DF, thats why they get their own sentence in this post.

No I've heard of them, that stuff's just too brutal and heavy for me...
Quote by Selkies921
No I've heard of them, that stuff's just too brutal and heavy for me...

I respect your opinion, but like how although you do not like the music, you continue to post in the devourment thread.
Quote by Anooplol
I respect your opinion, but like how although you do not like the music, you continue to post in the devourment thread.

I only posted twice (well now three times) which included by intial post and replies to you
Quote by Selkies921
I only posted twice (well now three times) which included by intial post and replies to you

I just meant that you are obviously actually a decent person who although he doesnt like something does not feel the need to completely ignore it. Congratulations.
Quote by Anooplol
I just meant that you are obviously actually a decent person who although he doesnt like something does not feel the need to completely ignore it. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 2