Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else really really hate Akon?

I keep hearing his song about the Lamborghini Gallardo (which he doesn't even pronounce correctly) and shit. It's so stupid. My friend had his CD in his/his brother's car, and all the songs sounded the same. Now he thinks he's hot shit just cuz Eminem is tight with him. Eminem wasn't even that good in the first place.

Then I see this while searching for lyrics:

http://artists.letssingit.com/artist-41nvn/news/202881

Multi-faceted superstar Akon can add “Grammy nominee” to his growing list of prestigious honors, earning a coveted nod when the nominees for the 49th Annual Grammy Awards were announced today in Hollywood, CA

I don't see how he's multi-faceted. All his songs are the cliche rap topics - being thrown into prison, "booty," and how incredibly gangster they are. I mean for god sakes, there's a song called "Gangster."

My friend also told me that Akon owns a diamond mine in South Africa. I searched it up, and look:

Two years ago, Akon acquired a diamond mine in South Africa.
That's where most of his bling comes from — including ''all that I'm wearing at the moment'' — but he demurs when pressed for details. ''It's real complicated,'' he says. ''You can just know that I own it.''

Oh great. He's pretty much enslaving his own race. What a friggin idiot.
smack dat all on the floor
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^i like it too for some reason
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by \-Rock-Star-/
smack dat...the **** does that mean? smacking ass?

probably....i dunno

who cares?
<//////>~
I like him, I've seen him on TV and he seemed to be a really nice guy.

Not a problem with him.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I hate akon too.

i especially hate that "lonely" song, or whatever its called. Every time i hear that song i want to punch someone in the face. What a stupid name "akon" what does that even mean?

Is this what mainstream music has to be? Do people actually listen to that and like it?

I dont get it...
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Dude, Eminem was killer in the beginning.

Akon's first song was good, but his voice is really annoying.

Shouldn't this be in Bands & Artists> Other?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Dude, Eminem was killer in the beginning.

The marshall marthers LP is a great album.

Although, I think that eminem's rap used to be a bit unsophisticated.

For example, listen to Bitch please. In comparison to Dr. Dre, and Snoop Dog, it's a bit weird.
Quote by \-Rock-Star-/
smack dat...the **** does that mean? smacking ass?

or buttsecks?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Haha, he owns a diamond mine. What a tool, i mean come on guys like him are always complaining about how there treated different "cause there black". way to go inslaving your own people, i mean come on, why cant he just get his diamonds from smugglers like everyone else
Quote by Dobzilla
The marshall marthers LP is a great album.

Although, I think that eminem's rap used to be a bit unsophisticated.

For example, listen to Bitch please. In comparison to Dr. Dre, and Snoop Dog, it's a bit weird.

I dunno about unsophisticated. Vulgar, yes. But his use of vocabulary and complexity of rhymes is truly outstanding.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I dunno about unsophisticated. Vulgar, yes. But his use of vocabulary and complexity of rhymes is truly outstanding.

Ah, yeah. Vulgar probably was probably a more accurate word.

It's a very good album though.
Quote by raise_the_dead
But his use of vocabulary and complexity of rhymes is truly outstanding.

"I'm so lonely
I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody
To call my own "

Sue me if I'm wrong, but that's the only song I've heard and plan to hear.
8D
Quote by Rayjohn_Savage
"I'm so lonely
I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody
To call my own "

Sue me if I'm wrong, but that's the only song I've heard and plan to hear.

He was talking about eminem.
Great, I made a tit out of myself.

I agree with the Eminem statement, though.

But still, that chorus...I've heard better rhyming from Avril Lavigne.
8D
Last edited by Rayjohn_Savage at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by nz_matt
I hate akon too.

i especially hate that "lonely" song, or whatever its called. Every time i hear that song i want to punch someone in the face. What a stupid name "akon" what does that even mean?

Is this what mainstream music has to be? Do people actually listen to that and like it?

I dont get it...
I fukin hate that fukin faggot, my friends like, oy listen to this song its sweet. I listen to it, soooooo fukin annoying how sum voice repeats im lonely, why doesnt he just kill himself if hes lonely
@Dobz: yes, that album is great. Haven't heard it in ages though.

Ah, you ****s had to remind me of that awful Lonely song! I loathed it so much when it came out and bothered the **** out of anyone with any musical taste whatsoever! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Quote by punk_metal

Dont hate the player hate the game

Without people being willing to play the game, the game would be over. I think that factoid about him owing a diamond mine is awesome; in a terrible way.

The song smack that is kinda catchy i have to admit. But what about his singing at the beginning of the video when he is in jail and then he vocals in the actual video and song. Big difference. If him singing in jail in the start of the video means anything Akon sucks and must use a lot of studio production to make his voice sound half decent.
Eminem pwns. Akon is crap, smack that is catchy tho.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
*checks out Smack That on YouTube*

BTW TwistedLogic, tons of singers don't sound as good live as they do on record. So meh.
/\ well duh, I see your point but most do not terrible or significantly different; unless your Ashley Simpson
^ LOL true, but in all honesty Akon didnt sound that different between the jail scene and the rest of the song IMO.

It's catchy and all, but it's nothing special.
Lets face it guys, in the hip hop industry there's just too much bullshitters, I turn on BET and there's crap like lil' wayne and lil jibz or something... There's just too much posers and not enough people like The Game, Nas, older Eminem stuff, even some old 50 Cent stuff is good... What else, snoop dogg used to be the shit, now he's in stupid akon songs.

If you actually dig deep enough, there's some good MCs out there.

Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks are pretty good too.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Dude, the new JMT album is brilliant. I recommend to anyone who likes good rap.
It's cool to not be mainstream.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
Quote by Aim Sniff

In case that wasn't sarcasm, songs can be good, mainstream or not. I think quite a few people from Death Row Records are doing pretty good.

Holy shit, does anybody know about that guy on MySpace that sounds almost exactly like Tupac? I'll try to find him for you guys.

EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/tharealestomerta Check 'em out.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Last edited by Pink_Floyd89 at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by Aim Sniff

thats 90% of UG

smack dat!
<//////>~
I love how he writes a song complaining about how he's such a lonely loser and what not, and then a few months later, he writes a song about smacking hookers.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
i like akon for some reason...
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Page 1 of 2