Page 1 of 2
all the bands mentioned are great but what about Free they were as influential as Led Zeppelin in rock and much better live than zep Paul kossoff best guitar player ever Paul Rogers the best singer ever
Ohhh............delete this post beforw anyone else see's you badmouth Led Zep................That kinda thing can get you killed here.

Also..........Zeppelin were the greatest. Ever.
Yes they are awesome and influential but I would not say they were as influential as Zep
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
They were far better than Zeppelin. One of the greatest and most under appreciated Classic and Blues Rock bands of all times.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Wasn`t calling zep got all there albums and have seen them the fact that everyone that I know who has seen them both have categorically said free were a better live band that is just a fact you obviously have only heard all right now by Free nevermind you will appreciate truly great music when you grow up
By the way Gbell you weren`t born before zep split andI saw them live at knebworth andhave seenbad company loads as well and bad company are better than zep
I'm not into Free much. I just don't really like their stuff, it doesn't suit me. I like All Right Now though, awesome song, but it can be annoying after a while.
I love Free. Rodgers, Kossoff, Fraser, and Kirke formed one of the best ever blues-rock bands. I love their groove, and the fact that they didn't try to always bludgeon their audiences with volume.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by merfsullivan
Paul Rogers<Freddie Mercury
indeed but he is still amazing
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
I think Free are largely under-rated and only have recognition for a couple of tracks when there is a whole body of work that is actually very good. I especially like their early bluesy stuff. Very raw and sexy.
Quote by big geordie
all the bands mentioned are great but what about Free they were as influential as Led Zeppelin in rock and much better live than zep Paul kossoff best guitar player ever Paul Rogers the best singer ever

This should be in the Blues section. I absolutely love Free.
YES they are awesome. Paul Kossoff was a pretty good guitarist, and Paul Rodgers' soulful voice sounded real good with the songs. Not many people have heard of them as say, Led Zep or anything, though.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
They are awesome. Great band.

My only complaint here is comparing them to Zep. There is no reason too. I love both, but I really don't see why Zep is being discussed here.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
^ this happens in every thread
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
I like Free more than Bad Company actually.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I thought Bad Company was great. It's hard for me to choose between the two.

I feel that, in terms of musicianship, Free looked better on paper, but Bad Company definitely released some amazing albums.
Free is way better than Bad Company, i've never been a fan of BC.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Bad Company were more successful than Free but Free were a better band Kossoff was a genius on the guitar .
I wouldn't say Bad Company were more successful at all. They were basically trying to do exactly what Free did, but in a time when people didn't want blues rock anymore, they either wanted disco or bordering heavy metal into punk. However, statistics may prove me wrong.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Well, you ask people nowadays which band is better and they'll tell you Bad Company.

From Free, all I ever hear on the radio is All Right Now, while Bad Company has Running With the Pack, Bad Company, Feel Like Making Love, and many more.

That obviously doesn't make Bad Company a better band, but I do agree that they were more commercially successful.
Quote by Derigiberble
I wouldn't say Bad Company were more successful at all. They were basically trying to do exactly what Free did, but in a time when people didn't want blues rock anymore, they either wanted disco or bordering heavy metal into punk. However, statistics may prove me wrong.

something like every 7 seconds there is a Free song on the radio somewhere in the world Classical Guitar Mag once said

and All Right Now is teh most requested song of all time
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
lol probably but I have heard Magic Ship on teh radio a lot as well
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
I only said bad company were more successful because they were more comercially successful less blues and more pop orientated made them more popular in the states
Bad Company is kind of like a less emotional Free,without Kossof.
Although Fraser was as good as Burrell(RIP).

Even though both had excellent song,they are pretty different.

I still remmeber how I fell inlove with All Right Now while playing Big Mutha Truckers...
i think Fraser and Kossof made free what they were. It WAS Rodgers who started Free, was'nt it?
i think id like to hear Mr.Big on the radio more, the bass solo shows people that Fraser should be given more credit for what he did.
Andy Fraser was only 15 when Free were formed .He was a musical prodigy . He now lives in solitude in the desert in the states and doesn`t have any contact with anyone. They were all brilliant Paul Rogers is universally acclaimed as the best white blues rock singer who has ever lived.
Quote by Derigiberble
They were far better than Zeppelin. One of the greatest and most under appreciated Classic and Blues Rock bands of all times.

I wouldn't say FREE was FAR better than Zepp... But I totally agree with them being the most under appreciated Classic Rock band ever!! I will say NOBODY had a better voice than
Paul Rodgers back then!!!! NOBODY! They were old school before that term existed.
Paul could play piano, guitar and sing his balls off!!! Bad Co was also great!
and sing awesome!!
Jamler3
Free are one of my favourite bands. Paul Kossoff was a superb guitarist, and the band never really fulfilled its potential.

(And yes, they kick the crap out of Led Zeppelin)
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Only by people who haven't heard Frankie Miller.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6iXLP--2gQ

Nuff said.
Quote by CornLord

Page 1 of 2