Hey,

I'm looking for a guitar for shredding. I wont be playing songs that are too heavy, the heaviest kind of tone I'd be going for with this guitar is kind of like Metallica and such, but hopefully I'll mostly be using it for rock solo's and just jamming, I suppose, if that makes any sense !

My budget is about 500 euro, rising to 600 if theres something much better. I could go higher again if I could get a significantly better gee-tar, but I cant buy second hand.

At the moment, I'm thinking of a Mexican strat, I played my brothers vintage 70's strat, and the fretboard felt and sounded beautiful, much preferred it to the Rosewood one I'm currently playing on.

Link to Mexican strat.

Other than that I'm not really sure. I would like a maple fretboard, I think though. Anyone have any opinions ?

Thanks a lot.
hey look at jackson or schecters maybe even esp.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Continue to save your money and get a top of the line Jackson or ESP
^I have that guitar, allthough I've modded it quite a lot. I have YJM, HS-3 and HS-2 for pickups and it's great for shred.

You could also save more and get Ibanez RG 1570.
Why is second hand not an option? There's some great stuff on the market if you know where to look
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Any Jackson will do, the expensive and inexpensive... I'd go with Rhodes though cause those are the badass ones... A Soloist is always good too..
Jacksons and Ibanezs with Wizard II necks.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join