I think that I might go with the mexican strat the only thing holding me back is that the american strat has asweet sound so what do you think?
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Wrong forum

But American. Hands down.

Kaythnxbai.
Terms and Conditions apply.
yeha i mean its obvious that the american is better lol why would u settle for a crappier guitar. i have any american and i absolutley love it.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
You have a Highway One. Strapping a bill and some webbed feet on a Buick doesn't make it a duck.

It doesn't matter where the guitar is made. Just buy the guitar you like to play the most. If you're that hung up about the place its made, go sit in a guitar center with a blindfold on and just have them hand you guitars to play. Pick the one your hands and ears enjoy the most.
Hi, I'm Peter
I misred strat for sluts at first. I want some Mexican sluts now! LATINO HEAT!!!
Quote by Dirk Gently
You have a Highway One. Strapping a bill and some webbed feet on a Buick doesn't make it a duck.

It doesn't matter where the guitar is made. Just buy the guitar you like to play the most. If you're that hung up about the place its made, go sit in a guitar center with a blindfold on and just have them hand you guitars to play. Pick the one your hands and ears enjoy the most.

but the american has better sound adn tone

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

^agreed (to Dirk)

I however, have an all american strat...called john. Whom I love to bits.
Well I played the american and I love it but I can't really afford it that is why I think I will go for the mexican. I was actualy told that after the american the mexican was better than anything else.

My gear:

Quote by Schecter4lyfe
what?

Highway One Strats are essentially Mexican that they just do enough work on in the California plant to call them "USA Made." It's more like "USA Assembled."

And tone isn't *everything.* There's also the factor of playability. Besides, the new generation of guitar players is so hung up on aftermarket modifications that tone barely matters anymore anyway. How many people do you see on these forums going "I'm planning on buying this guitar I've never played and swapping out the pickups right away."
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Poundcake
Well I played the american and I love it but I can't really afford it that is why I think I will go for the mexican. I was actualy told that after the american the mexican was better than anything else.

In all honesty, you're probably right.

Don't discount the quality of the Japanese Fenders, either. Some can be great (as good as American), but some can be horrid things.
Quote by cagnius
In all honesty, you're probably right.

Don't discount the quality of the Japanese Fenders, either. Some can be great (as good as American), but some can be horrid things.

Holy shit there is japanese Fenders.

My gear:

I have an American and I picked it over the Mexican because of the quality. I could feel the difference on the neck, and hear the difference in sound, even though both necks and pick-ups are replacable, I liked the American more.
Get a mexican. If you can afford the american, get a G&L instead cause they're better.
American strat wins every time.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i own an american strat to.....wa-hoo for me...
test out the 2 and see wich is right for you.dont ask dumb people like myself or any other idiot out her...their opinion dont matter if you dont think that same way...or live in Australia......lol...
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
Quote by guitarsuperman2
i got ur answer GET A GIBSON!!!! srew fender, to light, but then again i do like the lead on it a tad more than gibson....but overall a gibson will blow fender away anyday

i think the guy is looking for an affordable guitar, and with all do respect to the sound of gibson,which i think also has a better sound than fenders, they are way over priced and way overrated.....unless your from australia....lol...i had to...
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
If the American is out of your range, i think the MIM is a great choice. You just need to play test alot more of the MIM ones cause they do very quite a bit in feel and sound.
epic7734
If you have the money buy an American, if not buy the Mexican. Either way change the pups, cause the stock fender pickups suck IMO.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Poundcake

not true the next best actualy is one made in china but there really hard to find.

Play a selection of Mexican, American and Highway ones and pick the one you like best regardless of where it was made.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The Mexican strats are weird. You can check them out for yourself, but from what I have found, some of them are complete gold that I would without a doubt gig with, then there's others are just crap. In the short fun they aren't far sounding from the American ones. Plus, they're a hell of a lot cheaper. Strapped for cash, go for the Mexi it still sounds bitchin.
Quote by Schecter4lyfe
not true the next best actualy is one made in china but there really hard to find.

Those ones made over seas are so awesome.. I would actually prefer those 80's Jap squiers to the modern Fender custom shop crap
MIM's are cool, but the pickups aren't typically as hot. You might end up trading them out, in which case, you've paid about the same.

Moral of the story: Wrong forum.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
Quote by Sabu
I misred strat for sluts at first. I want some Mexican sluts now! LATINO HEAT!!!

LOL siggin it!
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory