Ok well I've been playing for around 5 months or so now and I want to switch from a 4 string to a 5 string bass. The question is does anyone know an ok (nothing too spectacular) 5 string for me to buy and practice on untill I get used to it? I play mostly rock/metal if that helps.
Influences:
Cliff Burton
Steve Harris
Duff McKagan
Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5

Its a good place to start. It has the comfort, look and quality of the other Schecter basses, if a little plain and lacking the fancy hardware and electronics that give the others their price tags.

I've played a few and while it can't compete with their higher end basses, its still an excellent place to start. I've at times considered getting one myself, just for the hell of it, but ultimately I have no need of a 5-string, and if I did, I'd b forced to fall to temptation and get one to match my other Stiletto.

Like I said, its may not be fancy or have the best pickups or anything, but it is a great place to start.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
If I were you, I'd just search around musicians friend or something for 5 strings, and then find the lowest priced one. I mean, you really don't need anything spectacular like you said for a first starter.

In my opinion, I wouldn't even get one yet if you've only played for 5 months... It's not really neccessary to spend money on it untill you're super good.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
I second the Stiletto Delexe.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.