Aye, I have to write a 750 word essay for monday on the profumo affair, basically I have to either... defend or persecute Dr Stephen Ward.

my problem is that they say he was charged with living off the avails of prostitution, but my law teacher said he wasn't... but wikipedia tells me he is. Plus knowing my God awful memory, I maybe misheard him.

So im asking you... did Ward DIRECTLY collect money from the girls by prostituting them to high class british society members

help me out please
Quote by Sabu
Yes

are you absolutely sure ?

elaborate or give me a reference please

EDIT : because the Keeler girl moved in with him with her friend I believe, they may of JUST been paying him rent, or just giving him money just because they felt like it... like as a symbol of affection
Last edited by Rising at Feb 9, 2007,
It was all a big set up - Ward worked with MI5 - which Keeley (think that was girls name) alluded to later on but had no evidence. To answer the question though I don't believe he did collect money from prostitution but he was charged with it and conveniently 'committed suicide' on the last day of the trial.
Last edited by jmilli2 at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by jmilli2
It was all a big set up - Ward worked for MI5 - which Keeley (think that was girls name) alluded to later on but had no evidence. To answer the question though I don't believe he did collect money from prostitution but he was charged with it and conveniently 'committed suicide' on the last day of the trial.

interesting..

by the way, thanks so much, i actually didnt expect anyone on here to know anything about this.

But Im not too familiar with the M15... something about a spyring right ? ..sorry, I haven't payed as much attention to the movie as I should have..
I didn't read the question so I'm not 100% but it should be right...I cant imagine that I'd be wrong