Crit for Crit as always......

I am not especially proud of the vocals on this song but I thought overall it came out okay. It is the second song on my playlist. I am still working on my mixing and mastering skills so any input on that would be appreciated as well as the playing/singing. Someday I will figure out how to edit this so that my vocals will be in tune even if I don't sing them 100% in tune. Anyone know how to do that with cubase? (without spending the money for Nuendo, lol.)

http://www.purevolume.com/cnorthern
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
You have a very unique voice. I really like the STP cover.

The chorus you do strain your voice a little bit, maybe try and bring it down into your range. You do really good covers...
Thanks for the crit guys. I appreciate the feedback. Leave me a link if there is anything you want me to crit.

Peace.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Dude, I forkin love your voice, it's a mix of Eddie Vedder and Mac Powell. good job. 7/10
Exar Kun of the UG Jedi Order, PM tamargoguitar to join!!

I like you, but you're crazy. Oh look, a flying monkey....

I fart in your general direction. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
ive never heard the original but i quite liked. your voice is pretty badass. XD seems like you struggled a bit on the chorus but other than that, pretty solid.

played well and mixed nicely too. great job. =]]
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
I love your voice, it sounds like the guy from the Crash Test Dummies. As for your actually singing... You need to sing a fifth down on the chorus and you need to give more power to your voice without growling or yelling; project and push you words from your stomach. If you do, you will sound GREAT.

Crit pls:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522074
Jean confided to me
She's Mona Lisa's biggest fan
She drew a mustache on her face
She's always seen her as a man
It was a good cover. It sounded like you were struggling a bit with the chorus, but the rest was good.

Quote by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Originally posted by tyler 417 714
Quote by (-) Ions
There's a band called tool?

Quote by NewWaves
People still watch MTV?
in the beginning of the verse, it kind of sounds like you were rushing a little bit. it also gets off timing for short ammounts. you need to change the key of the song so it's in your vocal range, because i noticed you were straining a little on the chorus. i'll say it's a 7/10. just work on it some more man, and you'll have it perfect. good job.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!