USA
15 25%
Voters: 59.
Page 1 of 2
Who Do you think is better at producing the best bands Britain or America
Last edited by jett18 at Feb 9, 2007,
hate to say it but america IMO
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
England had the best music in the 80ies and we did start punk so im gona have to go with that even though there is some right shit comin from england now!
Britain; Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink floyd, Sex Pistols, Oasis, The Clash, Cream, The Cure, David Bowie, Electric Light Orchestra, Elton John, The Kinks, Moody Blues, Queen, The Police, The Who, T.rex are reasons for my choice...
IMO britain..IMO
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
hmmm...Britians got the Beatles, Stones, Zep, Floyd, Clapton but Americas got The Doors, CCr Nirvana shit i guess i could go on forever for both countries. For me i think is Britian it produced the Beatles who's music i think its gonna last the longerst out of anyone's.
i also go with britain as my favorite genre of music is classic rock thus britain had the control of the market to say the least.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
britain has produced great bands such as thin lizzy, the darkness but the the usa has produced so many more, metallica, guns n roses. both countries produce a load of crap too though, but i think cos the usa is bigger they happen to produce more good bands. At the moment britain seems to be producing all the indie bands, which imo is a bad thing, i want heavy metal!
Quote by ukuleleftw
When is beating your cat not justified?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is almost as stupid as when someone thought there might be a UG warehouse where all the tabs are stored.

July 8th, 2007 @ Wembley - Best day ever
America's bigger, so it produces more bands.

So there'll be more bands, so naturally, there'll be more good bands.

But Britain makes better bands, because it produces so many good bands, from a smaller population.
In my opinion Britain produces them, but America makes them. So either way really, but i think the Beatles sways it for Britain.
Although this poll is based on biased voters i still think Britain produced better music, alot of that was due to The Beatles
Quote by allchavsrgay
England had the best music in the 80ies and we did start punk so im gona have to go with that even though there is some right shit comin from england now!

I thought punk started in the USA after the sex pistols manager heard a band play in new york? My punk knowledge is sketchy at best. the guy that I got all my punk info from did kind of have his head up his arse 95% of the time and thought he knew everything . So you could quite well be right lol

ps i totally agree with your screen name

At the min the USA gets my vote, but given time I recon we'll be back up there..... just as soon as the indie bubble bursts.
Metallica, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, The Doors, Guns N Roses, so many more...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Yeah usa did start punk that was my bad! its just england had the best punk bands and made it mor well nown!
Britain

Led Zep, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Cream, Sex Pistols, The Kinks, Status Quo, Queen, The Who, Radiohead, Muse, Blur, Bowie, The Beatles, The Smiths, The Police, The Stone Roses, T-rex, Slade, Primal Scream, Duran Duran, Deep Purple, Rainbow

and thats just off the top of my head

America only really has Aerosmith, GNR (with an english guitarist), JH (who was made in England), The Doors, The Eagles, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, REM and Queensryche that can really be called great
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Don't forget Britain made America, so everything from there is really from Britain.
^^ lol very true
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Britain had all the amazing classic rock bands (Led Zep, the who and all that) and although america is doing better than it was, how can you compare with Muse, Radiohead, Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, Kasabian, Ash (irish but whatever, that's practically britain) Stereophonics, Maximo Park, Hope Of The States and litelly dozens more recent good bands. There is also a lot less shit (still tonnes but compared to America it's nothing)
American may have Smashing Pumkins and Audioslave, but not that much else that is really mindblowing IMO
I wouldn't say Britain just itself produces better bands, I'd say Europe produces better bands than the rest of the world combined.
Norway.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Lost_Rose
Britain

Led Zep, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Cream, Sex Pistols, The Kinks, Status Quo, Queen, The Who, Radiohead, Muse, Blur, Bowie, The Beatles, The Smiths, The Police, The Stone Roses, T-rex, Slade, Primal Scream, Duran Duran, Deep Purple, Rainbow

and thats just off the top of my head

America only really has Aerosmith, GNR (with an english guitarist), JH (who was made in England), The Doors, The Eagles, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, REM and Queensryche that can really be called great

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dream Theater, The Ramones, The Allmann Brothers Band, The Grateful Dead, Frank Zappa, Jimi Hendrix, The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

None of those can be called great?
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Even nowadays, British bands are alot better than the shitty pop rock bands from the United States
You can't say that one country's music is better than another's without making ignorant generalizations.
Ya the beatles pretty much won this one.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Neither. Sweden (the whole of Scandinavia infact) produces a disgustingly massive amount of fantastic bands.
"Genital Grinders," the Carcass Fan Club. P.M. Embodiment to join.
US ****in' A
METALLICA, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Jimi Hendrix.. yeah we ****in' pwn all
Last edited by AlchoholicA at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by mimimimi
Don't forget Britain made America, so everything from there is really from Britain.

lol

IMO its Britain, but if I was from the US then it would probably be different.
Who's voting Britain? Nonsense! However, per capita, their musical ownage is higher. It's like, 0.01 per capita as opposed to 0.005 here. Pretty impressive.
Quote by AlchoholicA
US ****in' A
METALLICA, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Jimi Hendrix.. yeah we ****in' pwn all

Muse, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Blur, Manics, Pulp, Queen, The Beetles.

YEH MATE WE OWN ASWELL
many many great british bands. and american as well!
"part your lips a bit more, ill swallow your fear"
A LOT of the bands I like the most are British, apart from The Eagles. I would have to say British is best!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
impossible to choose
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Page 1 of 2