Fast question - what's the color of the Slash's Gibson in Sweet Child of Mine videoclip? (in Gibson color scheme - Honey Burst, Faded Honey Burst etc)?

Before you call me stupid - I'm asking because I'm daltonist and Honey Burst and Cherry Burst look the same for me...
Quote by incockgnito

Before you call me stupid - I'm asking because I'm daltonist and Honey Burst and Cherry Burst look the same for me...

Stupid, I actually dont know my self.
It's not a Gibson, it's a custom build.

Looks like Gibson's Honey Burst to me, though.
Quote by Danno13
It's not a Gibson, it's a custom build.

Looks like Gibson's Honey Burst to me, though.

yeah i remember watching an interview where he said some guy made it for him, but hes ddead now.
I always thought it was Honey Burst.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Looks like a vintage sunburst to me. It also might be some version of a tobacco burst,
like someone mentioned above. I also read that some L.A. builder used to make
guitars for Slash and that almost all of his Les Pauls are custom build by that dude.
Quote by incockgnito
Fast question - what's the color of the Slash's Gibson in Sweet Child of Mine videoclip? (in Gibson color scheme - Honey Burst, Faded Honey Burst etc)?

link please?
slash's #1 les paul is a 1959 copy made by luthier chris derrig who died in 1986, slash's manager got him the guitar for the appetite for destruction sessions in 1987. he's also two other guitas by the same guy, some other 50's replicas by a guy named max baranet, and probably a few actual 1957-1960 standards (including one that used to belong to joe perry and slash gave back to him).

then there's his stage guitars, which are actual gibson standards/historics/his sig model along with some acoustic/electric hybrid guitars by guild and other various guitars. this is to the best of my knowledge.
Quote by Swimrunner
slash's #1 les paul is a 1959 copy made by luthier chris derrig who died in 1986, slash's manager got him the guitar for the appetite for destruction sessions in 1987. he's also two other guitas by the same guy, some other 50's replicas by a guy named max baranet, and probably a few actual 1957-1960 standards (including one that used to belong to joe perry and slash gave back to him).

then there's his stage guitars, which are actual gibson standards/historics/his sig model along with some acoustic/electric hybrid guitars by guild and other various guitars. this is to the best of my knowledge.

This man knows what he is talking about.

The guitar for the SCOM video looks like some kind of light burst or a faded cherry sunburst.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
His Gibson signature is Vintage Sunburst....
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
His Gibson signature is Vintage Sunburst....

no, it's a tobacco burst, but they do look very similar.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Quote by incockgnito
Thanks for all help (especially Swimrunner) but... what's this guitar color finally???

i'm pretty sure it's honey sunburst
Tobaco burst, there is a reissuie u can purchase from gibson, it has like a acoustic switch on it.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi