hi guys i'm looking for a pickup usefull for fingerpicking, and by that i mean a good clear pickup with a tight bass and fat highs.
i also use a fair bit of harmonics so it has to be good at that too.
no real style preference since i play anything from rock to jazz to flamengo but i like a bit of growl in my sound. anyone?

thanks
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I think that underwinding pickups slightly helps fingerpicking on an electric quite a bit. I'd go for some single coils definately - nice and clear and "glassy". What are the pickups going into?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
the glassy sound is exactly why i don't use a pick anymore so that's what i'm trying to avoid. i'm pretty much look ing for a pickup with a lot of mids and growl.
but not as much bass, as usually comes along for the ride.
i've tried an alder blade and it sounded great but at the moment i have no strat kinda guitars whatsoever, so i have to settle with a humbucker that can do the trick. wich is good in one kinda way since they seem to be better at the alien screams i'm kinda into.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 9, 2007,