hey we have that class at our school
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

You get to sing!
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
One time I looked at a past test for that on the College Board's website and it was ridiculous (or at least it would be impossible for me); you had to listen to pieces of music and write out the notation for them, among other things.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
I got a 3 on the exam last year, I'm auditing the exam this year again though, hoping for a 4-5. I got a three because my band director got arrested 3 weeks before the exam.

But yeah, it's not as tough as you think if you can read music fluently... fluency is the key (I play multiple wind instruments)
Man, AP Music Theory is such a pain sometimes. It's almost as bad as math.

I'm terrible at both, except I actually care about music. ;P

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
^ What math are you in?
Quote by bigwillie
We have AP Music Theory and some Guitar course for college credits. I think I'm taking The guitar one because music theory seems way too hard.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I'm not sure I understand the point of getting college credits. I see a lot of things advertise "Get college credits", but at my college, you're required to take a certain set of classes. When you take those, you already have enough credits to graduate.
^ AP classes serve as the basic college courses that everyone must take. For example, I'm taking AP Language; if I do well enough on the exam in May, I become exempt from an English 101-type class in college.
Quote by bigwillie
^That's what I've heard. AP Music Theory is no cake walk at all, I've heard it's quite difficult. But I think I'm willing to fight through it, I'm going to take the class in my junior/senior year of highschool.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by CornLord
One time I looked at a past test for that on the College Board's website and it was ridiculous (or at least it would be impossible for me); you had to listen to pieces of music and write out the notation for them, among other things.

ahhh melodic dictation...my piano teacher has been teaching me. It's definately interesting, haha
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.