Modern Life Is War, quite possibly the greatest Hardcore band around today has left Deathwish Inc and moved to...Here's the shocker...Equal Vision Records! Furthermore, they have parted ways with bass player Chris Honeck and have now taken in Tim Chuchman (Spanish Bombs, another amazing band). They will be recording thier new CD in April and release it late summer or early fall.

Link: http://modernlifeiswar.net/wordpress/
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Just got done reading about this. I'm happy, Equal Vision is my favorite record label.
-Zach
Quote by Jeff Manthei
umm... who?

Thanks for your constructive input.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

Last edited by Disco Vietnam at Feb 9, 2007,
Quote by Craigo
Pssst.

Storked, can't wait for the new material.

Storked? LOL...

I actually just recently got into these guys I'm glad I did though. I am also "storked" for the new stuff lol.
-Zach
I can't wait for this album. It would be interesting if they fused the styles from both previous albums for the new one. Both of the previous albums were great in their own ways.
Quote by Jeff Manthei
umm... who?

Why would you post on this topic if you don't even know who MLIW is?

Anyway, that's cool..I guess, well, it's cool because Equal Vision is based in Albany, NY which is only like a 1/2 from my house. Can't wait for the new album.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
wow thats cool about EV. i love MLIW. i have witness and its definately one of my favorite albums. anyone want to send me the other one?
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Modern Life is war = <3 i wanna see them soooooo bad but they like never come to any where near NYC

lol storked indeed.... glad they didnt move to a shit label. i heard they were making a new album but i didnt know the bassist left .... does anyone know why??? i dont know if ill really miss him though, i mean im not saying he sucked as a bassist, but, idk, i cant think of any MLIW songs where i was like... "wow thats a really cool bass line..." maybe the new bassist will bring something new to the band ...?
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Quote by Jackson > you
Modern Life is war = <3 i wanna see them soooooo bad but they like never come to any where near NYC

lol storked indeed.... glad they didnt move to a shit label. i heard they were making a new album but i didnt know the bassist left .... does anyone know why??? i dont know if ill really miss him though, i mean im not saying he sucked as a bassist, but, idk, i cant think of any MLIW songs where i was like... "wow thats a really cool bass line..." maybe the new bassist will bring something new to the band ...?

He left due to personal reasons and he wants to pursue a new career. Tim, however, is pretty gnarly. His band Spanish Bombs is incredible.
Quote by LPIndin

Quote by jefflucas
New cd from MLIW = best news I've heard in a while.

Werrrrd, I love this band.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by hXcMacbeth3
wow thats cool about EV. i love MLIW. i have witness and its definately one of my favorite albums. anyone want to send me the other one?

I'll hook you up with it through email. I have the deathwish reissue so you'll get two songs from their self titled 7" with it too .
Quote by jefflucas
I'll hook you up with it through email. I have the deathwish reissue so you'll get two songs from their self titled 7" with it too .

I'd like that too. I never got a chance to pick up the reissue.
Quote by LPIndin

Quote by Disco Vietnam
I'd like that too. I never got a chance to pick up the reissue.

Alright dude, no problem, whats your email?
Quote by jefflucas
Alright dude, no problem, whats your email?

erethorn@bellsouth.net
Quote by LPIndin

Ok nevermind about emailing it my email isn't working so I'll just megaupload it and PM the link to whoever asked.
pirating isn't bad most hardcore bands could probably care less

spanish bombs is amazing but i don't think it's really all that special that the bassist is now in mliw

i'm excited for the new cd....and what two songs from the seven inch are on the reissue?
How can I keep Stability
On such shaky ground?
Prayers that a smile will flag me down.
Quote by Cedence
I think the two songs are Destination Death or Better Days and Fakes Like You Make Me Sick, but I could be wrong

Destination Death or Better Days is one but the other is Farmer's Holiday Association.