Yes, I have an AVT. No, I don't like it. I'll have an all tube peavey in a few days. Until then, I"m using my AVT50x halfstack.

My problem: I'm playing on the clean channel, and out of nowhere some distortion blasts through for about a second then it's gone. I wasn't looking at the amp when it happened (it's happened a few times). There is a dramatic volume boost and distortion out of nowhere. Is it the amp or possibly my effects?

Gibson SG (with onboard overdrive) -> DigiTech Grunge -> CH-1 -> crybaby -> amp

Any help is appareciated.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
what kind of onboard overdrive is in the guitar? That's the first place I would look.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
it's from guitarfetish.com. I actually had it off when I was playing and this happened today. It's usually on clean boost when I'm playing, and was on clean boost a few times when I have heard it before.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
hmm, guess the grunge could be something to look at too. Have you tried keeping the OD1 and OD2 channels with minimal volume/gain to see if it's the actual amp changing channels on you? Maybe there is a problem with the footswitch. Maybe try using only the amp and see if it does the same thing so you can narrow it down.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I would do that, but it only happens like once a week and only for a split second. SInce it did it to me today, it probably won't happen again for a while. Or it could happen in 5 minutes, I have no clue.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
hey, I need to bump this up now. It happened again today, this time with my firstact guitar (I love it, don't be hatin). Any ideas?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass