I just bought a pack or the hybrid strings and wanted to know if any bassist who have them already like them and what they think about em. You might want to know I play mainly punk stuff. Alot like Mark Hoppus.
Fender Jazz Bass (lefty)
Epiphone Les Paul (lefty)
Why do damn bass strings cost so much more than guitar... (Unrelated) But I want to know.

adgupw3y80rgrge*hot pocket*qweu5gq3

*Screw your post, this is my feeble attempt at hostile thread take-over!
ok that was very unrelated, but they were pretty expensive. $18 for a pack.
Fender Jazz Bass (lefty)
Epiphone Les Paul (lefty)
Quote by big_chuck
ok that was very unrelated, but they were pretty expensive. $18 for a pack.

Only $18? That's damn cheap for bass strings. I have to fork out nearly $30 for my Dean Markley Blue Steels. You got off easy there.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I use ernie ball super slinkys and there pretty good.And wy bass strings costs so much is because they last u alot longer then electric guitar..
I just picked up the regular slinky's this week, I originally going to pick up the hybrid slinky's but I wasent sure about the sound. And I had never actually bought bass strings before and I was suprised about the price.
I have Hybrid slinkies on my bass now, they're pretty good, though I do prefer boomers. I usually just go for the thickest strings possible, which happens to be Hybrids a lot of the time.

No I don't downtune, Yes I break strings, Thick strings for thick groovin'
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
For EBs, I prefer the Hybrids now over the Super Slinkys. I like their playability? and tone.
Quote by Fett13
Only $18? That's damn cheap for bass strings. I have to fork out nearly $30 for my Dean Markley Blue Steels. You got off easy there.

i bought them recently.

how long do they last with that bright tone?

i went from first act strings to them, so i can obviously tell the playing difference, but not life difference
futball season and football season.
If you are talking the EBs about 4 - 6 months with daily play. They tend to go a bit dead after that.
Quote by anarkee
If you are talking the EBs about 4 - 6 months with daily play. They tend to go a bit dead after that.

nah, i was talking about the dean markley blue steel's like fett uses.
futball season and football season.
I use the Power Slinkies, I really like the big gauge on them, but I've only had them for like 2 months and their starting to go dead so I think I'm gonna switch to some flatwounds...
I like the tone i get out of EB's, i just dont like how they last about 2 weeks for me and then go thud thud (dead). I just use Round core DR's. though if i ever get an endorsement (dont see that happening just for example though) than i would do a Ernie Ball (NPS) deal or a DR deal (SS)
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
I've used EB hybrids quite a bit before. They get good tone and put up with quite a bit of abuse. They do well with picking and finger style. They're definatly a good set for the price.
On the road to the grave, it's best to avoid the passing lane.
I use Hybrids. I really like the versatility of their tone and their feel. They last a good two months at least.
Quote by guitarjunky89
Why do damn bass strings cost so much more than guitar... (Unrelated) But I want to know.

adgupw3y80rgrge*hot pocket*qweu5gq3

*Screw your post, this is my feeble attempt at hostile thread take-over!

Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
yh EB hybrids are gd i use them atm used to have some of the stainless steel ones sounded emense for slap
Quote by MLmaster37

I haven't used them myself, but they're supposed to last a pretty long time. They start off bright, then start to get a more low-end warmer sound as they age, but without sacrificing the brightness.

I use the EB Slinkies on my 5-string (only 5-string set I can find around here). What's the special thing about the Hybrid Slinkies?
I love my hybrid slinky's, i used to swear by rotosound but my EB's are just soooo nice!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Scourge441

I use the EB Slinkies on my 5-string (only 5-string set I can find around here). What's the special thing about the Hybrid Slinkies?

They sound brighter than the regular slinkys and the slightly thicker gauge on the lower stings just gives them a nicer sound and like I said previously, playablility, esp. on my active bass.
Quote by MLmaster37

Well, the ones I'm playing now are going on what, 5 months and I need new ones? But I played them to death when I was still in a band. I had some before I was in the band that lasted in the range of 6-8 months before I decided to change them. I could easily have gotten a few more weeks, if not month out of them if I wanted to, but I wanted to have a fresh set when I first joined the band, so I picked up some new ones.

To put it in perspective, I've had a total (including the ones they shipped with) of 6 different sets of strings on two basses over two years of playing. Them Blue Steels last awhile. They play really nice too, not nearly as hard on your fingers as Rotosounds tend to be.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Quote by Fett13
Well, the ones I'm playing now are going on what, 5 months and I need new ones? But I played them to death when I was still in a band. I had some before I was in the band that lasted in the range of 6-8 months before I decided to change them. I could easily have gotten a few more weeks, if not month out of them if I wanted to, but I wanted to have a fresh set when I first joined the band, so I picked up some new ones.

To put it in perspective, I've had a total (including the ones they shipped with) of 6 different sets of strings on two basses over two years of playing. Them Blue Steels last awhile. They play really nice too, not nearly as hard on your fingers as Rotosounds tend to be.

really? hmm when i used blue steels they sounded great for a month but after that the string could not hold tune. they were very good sounding strings though i just wished they would last longer
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Unrelated again, but a single low B string costs nearly twice as much as a normal pack of guitar strings. Arg!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
I have Hybrid slinkies on my bass now, they're pretty good, though I do prefer boomers. I usually just go for the thickest strings possible, which happens to be Hybrids a lot of the time.

No I don't downtune, Yes I break strings, Thick strings for thick groovin'

I used to play Hybrids then i switched to Regular. And just to let you know the Regulars are thicker than the Hybrids.