My Z.Vex Fuzz Factory is picking up radio stations. I never had problems with my gear before, like my big muff. I have to trim the gate and the lower the stability to turn it out. It probably doesnt help to live next to a radio tower. I also have this problem when I play in my basement, even without any effects. When I put my hand on the strings, the radio interference decreases.

What's the deal???
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Not patronizing you but are you sure it's Radio Interference?
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

ah yeah I managed to pick up french radio the other day with my fuzz factory, I've heard about it a lot before but thought it was all rubbish

apparently not

I did indeed chuckle....was a nice addition to my supermassive black hole ending
I thought it was rubbish, but Matt wouldn't lie so... I've gotta go try this!
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by ponnightingale
but Matt wouldn't lie so...

haha cheers man! What a vital member to the 'Muse > any other band' club you are!

But yeah I would imagine it depends on a load of different factors, settings, pickups, amp etc....but if you do happen to find that certain spot, it can be quite interesting...

again!
Wellll.... wrap your Fuzz Factory in aluminium foil and connect this up to a water pipe. Do this with all your gear. I can almost guarantee you will no longer get radio interference
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
This is an OLD thread, but I'm reviving it because the issue was resolved. It simply stopped happening one day. I don't know why. I think it has a lot to do with my cables, but I'm not sure. Maybe the pedal has to be "broken in?"
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
My friends VOX Valvetronix was picking up Christian Radio the other day.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
It will definitely be to do with your cables. Badly shielded cables are alot of the time the perfect length to act as antennae and thus, give us those comical moments of guitar + radio (I once picked up Radio 2 and was stood in band practise yelling "TERRY WOGAN IS IN MY AMP!!"). Sometimes an old poorly shielded pedal can pick up radio, but I doubt this would happen to a ZVex pedal.

Little bit of radio/pedal trivia, but the sound at the end of Geurilla Radio by RATM is the radio being picked up through Morello's old distortion pedal. They were going to leave it in the whole song but it sounded a bit messy haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Unshielded cables and improper grounding was probably the cause because it onyl happened in certain places. I've heard stories from Zachary Vex about that. A lot of Marshall MG's get it too.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
That happened with my transtube when I stacked my amps to try and make some more room. When it gets close to the ceiling it sounds like the dead are trying to communicate. I put it back on the floor.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD