Hey.

Our schools holding a Talent Contest on the 15th, and we've entered our band into it.
(Yes, short notice).
However, we're kinda stuck about what song to choose, this is going to be our first time playing live, so please don't suggest anything like the Stairway To Heaven solo.

We're a three-piece, with me (lead guitarist), and my bassist doing lead vocals.

Oh yes, and our preferred style is rock/punk.

Thanks in advance.
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

$Edit$: Or Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Well it depends on your definition of "rock/punk". Do you mean real punk? Or. You know. The other kind.
Song 2 by Blur, it's easy and will always go down well with the crowds. Just make sure you do a good 'Woo hoo!'.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Song 2 by Blur, it's easy and will always go down well with the crowds. Just make sure you do a good 'Woo hoo!'.

I agree.
yeah or smells like tten spirit, cept everyone in the world pretty much knows that song, so don't **** up eh?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by Metal Massacre
ABOUT A GIRL BY NIRVANA!

Fun and easy as hell.

I bet you I could play the solo with my rectum.

your on!
Foo fighters? Best of You would be good cuz alot of people know it but can your bassist scream for roughly 3:50 minutes?
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Do "The Hardest Button to Button" by the White Stripes, its real easy and catchy too
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
How about you idiots stop making 20 of these kinds of threads a day and use the search?
Quote by AcsticRckr89
well greenday is a given... um... im not too sure wat type of music ur into.... so its kinda hard to give you a good song... i noe you said rock/punk but that is kinda vauge

We're open to anything.
Other than Metal.
Not that we don't like it.
It's just none of us can growl. :/
Yeah ACDC, or some classic rock that the kids at your school listen to, our school sucks, all these losers just want to here fall out boys.
REFUSED - NEW NOISE

ert80thbgadgh8053 i9pq3[th2whg l;'gpkeg

F*KING PLAY THE DAMN SONG!

don't think... Just do it.
Quote by Bmm386
Do a punk cover of a well known song. That usually goes over well.

i agree. especially if done right
REFUSED - NEW NOISE!1!!!

I'm going to poop in your hand if you don't respond. Then I'm going to go buy a chocolate smoothie... and even though they probably don't make chocolate smoothies... I'm going to make one. And it's going to be awesome. mmmmm chocolate. aghahaghaghaaahahaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! rabble rabble rabble rabble.

NEW NOISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (hyphen) do it.
m m m m muse! depends how good your drummer is, but something early would be do-able i guess. that or steady as she goes by the raconteurs. good song, easy as fcuk.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by wokketywok
shut the **** up about your ****ing new noise.

+1

I also second the song by blur. Thats way fun and easy.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
like a stone by audioslave. I learned it in one day. cool solo, but make sure u have a whammy pedal to boost it up an octave.
rooster is another easy one. basically chords and an easy solo. One of my favorites