as everyone probably know, Ozzfest will be free this year. Now most people are of coarse going to think this is a great thing. And when you first look at it it seems like it is. But when you think about it, it might not be. Money is the motivation for almost everything. I don't know what kind of bands they are going to be able to get to play,
with the money they are getting from sponsors. I will go no matter what, i do every year. But it isn't worth being free if no one good is playing.
I think alot of good bands will go because if they don't they will be made out to look really bad and as if they only play for money
Quote by gibsonboy3
But it isn't worth being free if no one good is playing.

Atleast you wont be wasting your money, just wasting your time.
From a business perspective, playing just one free show is good PR.

From a musical perspective, if the artists are assholes enough to not play because of money issues, then they suck anyways.
But think of the advertisements its gonna be run off
people will complain its way to corporate now

but anyway the shennanigans last year with maiden etc was really stupid, and given it another blow to the bottom of the festival pile as to be honest, its not exactly the worlds most respected is it?
Another bad thing is tickets being taken from the people that always go (me) by kids who are just going because it's free and "the cool thing" to do that day
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by philipisabeast
But think of the advertisements its gonna be run off
people will complain its way to corporate now

but anyway the shennanigans last year with maiden etc was really stupid, and given it another blow to the bottom of the festival pile as to be honest, its not exactly the worlds most respected is it?

maiden wasnt on last year
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Shit if I was one of those bands Id play for free, I mean, its ozzfest, wtf. Plus Im sure they have plenty of money if they are good enough to play at ozzfest.
Next Person to Post is a Paedophile.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^
only if it's your sister, and that's not how you spell pedophile.

remember that there's merchandise and food sales... these bands aren't goin to LOSE money, they're just gonna charge as much as they need to for food and merch to break even. Expect high prices for food and shirts.
if you really think about it, ozzfest isjust a way for small bands to get known...

and why wouldn't they do it?
Quote by frigginjerk
^
only if it's your sister, and that's not how you spell pedophile.

Exactly.

Pedophile isn't a word
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by ashesofthewake
if you really think about it, ozzfest isjust a way for small bands to get known...

and why wouldn't they do it?

Ozzfest is a place where BIG band get publicity because they are total crap. Heck 3/4 of the bands their aren't even Metal. Just crap.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Quote by tarem
Ozzfest is a place where BIG band get publicity because they are total crap. Heck 3/4 of the bands their aren't even Metal. Just crap.

Couldn't have agreed more.

Paedophile. Thats how you spell it over 'ere.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)